Photo
- - - - -

Playoff game...take your time in getting here.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,309 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

Normally, in the regular season, I'm ready for the next game just a day or so after the previous one. It's even worse when it's a huge one (MNF) or a needed win (Saints).

But I want the Playoff game to...simmer. This is a FUN time, guys and gals. We're in, we're #2, it's at our house and it's going to be crazy.

I want days to read articles, I want to have rival fans come in for the smack, I want to goto other boards and dish it out, I want to go back and watch season highlights.

I'm glad we have the bye, I'm going to make the most out of every minute.

:D

#2 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

At least we don't have to deal with Cowboys fans. :)

#3 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:26 PM

I am undecided...

I want it to get here, but I see what you're saying UB.

At least I have all the games DVR'd

#4 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,967 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

Or Patriot, Jet (Favre), Bronco, Buccaneer, or Falcon.... Wait, did the Falcons actually make the playoffs? :D

#5 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

Ya know, the TV people are probably really pissed off. I really can't think of a year were the....
Raiders
Broncos
Patroits
Cowboys
Redskins
Bears
Packers
Seahawks
Rams..........all missed the playoffs. They're going to have to come up with some new story lines.

#6 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:56 AM

also, we need to get a few guys back to 100%

#7 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

Ya know, the TV people are probably really pissed off. I really can't think of a year were the....
Raiders
Broncos
Patroits
Cowboys
Redskins
Bears
Packers
Seahawks
Rams..........all missed the playoffs. They're going to have to come up with some new story lines.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen a story line like: Worst playoffs in history! All of the good teams kept out because of injuries, bad rules, sun spots etc. Only second level teams make it to post season by use of smoke and mirrors along with salary cap manipulation. Its Gene Upshaw's fault, fire Upshaw! They might as well cancel the super bowl because nobody will be watching because all the good teams decided not to take part in the post season.

#8 Delhomme17

Delhomme17

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

I'm worried if we play the falcons...that we can keep the falcom scum out of the stadium....please don't sell tix to falcon fans.

#9 FelineFANatic

FelineFANatic

Jump Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Normally, in the regular season, I'm ready for the next game just a day or so after the previous one. It's even worse when it's a huge one (MNF) or a needed win (Saints).

But I want the Playoff game to...simmer. This is a FUN time, guys and gals. We're in, we're #2, it's at our house and it's going to be crazy.

I want days to read articles, I want to have rival fans come in for the smack, I want to goto other boards and dish it out, I want to go back and watch season highlights.

I'm glad we have the bye, I'm going to make the most out of every minute.

:D

I agree with your thoughts. Now is the time to enjoy our bye week...

#10 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

Oh man I jumped for joy when the Cowpukes were eliminated last week....we can actually watch and listen to sports shows without having to hear anything Cowboy related :D

#11 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:51 AM

Oh man I jumped for joy when the Cowpukes were eliminated last week....we can actually watch and listen to sports shows without having to hear anything Cowboy related :D

Ure Sig is Classic!!

#12 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

Ure Sig is Classic!!

fat chance

I bet we get a TO reference during the CG games even.

They would talk about that franchise of clowns, their three ring circus, and their bitches even if they ceased to exist.

#13 bryn10

bryn10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

I throughly enjoyed seeing the cowboys absolutley get destroyed, all the players looking distrought, tony lying on the ground holding his head, I also loved it when they would pan over to Jerry Jones press box, just watchin him squirm was fun to watch

#14 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,395 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

I'm surprised that I haven't seen a story line like: Worst playoffs in history! All of the good teams kept out because of injuries, bad rules, sun spots etc. Only second level teams make it to post season by use of smoke and mirrors along with salary cap manipulation. Its Gene Upshaw's fault, fire Upshaw! They might as well cancel the super bowl because nobody will be watching because all the good teams decided not to take part in the post season.

how do you fire someone who has been dead since august? :confused:

#15 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Not yet. ESPN has been talking all about the Cowboys and Jerry Jones/Wade Phillips/their epic fail so far this week

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com