Photo
- - - - -

White Jerseys Next Saturday?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

I assume we're wearing white since we always do for home playoff games but has anyone seen anything official yet? Any chance we change this tradition?

#2 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

All black unis would be nice.

Just saying.

#3 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,047 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:39 AM

I tells ya, we are wearing Black and grey!

#4 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:49 AM

We better wear black.

#5 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:15 AM

I think Carolina is wearing black because of the cold temperature

#6 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:32 AM

All black unis would be nice.

Just saying.

I disagree. We're not some NCAA team.

#7 III

III

Short Bus

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

black and grey would be cool...BUT that would make the whole "growel towel" thing look funny on TV...

I suspect a "whiteout plan" is coming...as much as I would prefer the B&G

of course that's a big IF -if growel towels happen...which they may not...not with Chrylser about to go under - Lake Norman Chry-jeep-dodge being the typical sponsor for those...maybe CPI will step up to it and make black towels?

#8 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:47 AM

Come on guys. You know the Panthers switch to their black jerseys at home when the weather gets cold. They only wear white in the beginning of the season to beat the heat.

#9 III

III

Short Bus

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

with all the game/ticket ads showing them in black you may be right...

#10 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:56 AM

I assume we're wearing white since we always do for home playoff games but has anyone seen anything official yet? Any chance we change this tradition?

I think you're confusing WHY we did it. We did it both times because we were playing the Cowboys. We always elect to wear white at home no matter what time of year it is against the Cowboys out of Marty Hurneys stounch superstition practicing. You see, the Cowboys home jerseys... that they don't even wear at home... are unlucky, and we have always beat them when they wear them at our house in the playoffs.

Let's all have a moment of silence and thank God that we don't have to worry about hosting the Cowboys 100% of the time in the playoffs.

#11 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

Saturday night they need to come out in black. Monday night earlier this month they wore black and it was 1 of the most electrifying home game experiences Ive ever seen.

#12 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

Saturday night they need to come out in black. Monday night earlier this month they wore black and it was 1 of the most electrifying home game experiences Ive ever seen.

For once I agree with you KT, the black jerseys looked good on the night games, at the stadium and on tv. The panthers seem to have more attitude when they wear the black.

#13 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

i too hope we come out in black. my gripe is that if they want fans to have a blackout by wearing all black, i wish they would put the news out now rather than wait until a day or two before the game. blackouts/whiteouts are awesome looking on tv when everyone is on the same page. most places pass out whichever colored shirts at the gates, so maybe the team can pony up and pass out black panthers tshirts for fans to throw on over whatever they are wearing.

#14 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

I disagree. We're not some NCAA team.

The play of the defense suggest otherwise.

#15 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

I think you're confusing WHY we did it. We did it both times because we were playing the Cowboys. We always elect to wear white at home no matter what time of year it is against the Cowboys out of Marty Hurneys stounch superstition practicing. You see, the Cowboys home jerseys... that they don't even wear at home... are unlucky, and we have always beat them when they wear them at our house in the playoffs.

Let's all have a moment of silence and thank God that we don't have to worry about hosting the Cowboys 100% of the time in the playoffs.

First time we wore white in the playoffs against Dallas, it was 1996 - long before Marty Hurney. You are correct about the team wanting to make Dallas wear their Blue ones though.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com