Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Earnhardt, Jr.

87 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

NASCAR needs Dale Earnhardt Jr, its most popular driver, to be successful in the worst way. I predict that he will magically (wink wink) be in the top five all year long....

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4891496[/url]

Posted · Report post

my dad was talking about it this morning. he said 80% of nascar merchandise is jr. related, and also nascar ratings are way down. don't be surprised when he wins the 500.

Posted · Report post

Looks like hes starting in the front row for the 500

Posted · Report post

Jr is a loser. His dad would be rollin over. He'd say "Boy, see if you are any good at chainging tires."

Posted · Report post

I'm as big of a jr fan as any but sometimes it's scary how I think he might be what Kyle Petty was to Richard.

Posted · Report post

Kyle Petty was always going to have a heck of a mountain to climb. His dad is the undisputed greatest of all time. Can you imagine that pressure?

Posted · Report post

Kyle Petty's dad was David Pearson??

No matter what NASCAR wants, it can't keep him from wrecking or breaking his equipment.

And from not having the talent to drive a mishandling car on long runs.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Scrumtrilescent']Kyle Petty's dad was David Pearson??

No matter what NASCAR wants, it can't keep him from wrecking or breaking his equipment.

And from not having the talent to drive a mishandling car on long runs.[/QUOTE]

No but it sure as hell can give him bigger holes on his restrictor plate for four races a year.

Posted · Report post

That's just more HP for him to wreck with.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Meat']NASCAR needs Dale Earnhardt Jr, its most popular driver, to be successful in the worst way. I predict that he will magically (wink wink) be in the top five all year long....

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4891496[/url][/QUOTE]

Agreed. Hendrick, Nascar, the fans, ESPN all want him to win.

Nascar needs a kick in the arse. he could literally save the sport.

Posted · Report post

His boat, if there ever was one, has already sailed. NASCAR needs to try and retouch it's roots to save itself from the spiral, not lift up a never was.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bobby']Kyle Petty was always going to have a heck of a mountain to climb. His dad is the undisputed greatest of all time. Can you imagine that pressure?[/QUOTE]

If any other driver besides Kyle has the pressure to emulate his fathers success its Jr. Jr has already passed Kyle as far as living up to the family name butttt his work is far from over.