Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Earnhardt, Jr.

87 posts in this topic

Posted

are you kidding, you have never heard of Bobby Issac ???

Guy was pretty good back in the day. He held the speed record at talladega until Bill Elliot broke it , he also holds the nascar recororgor number of poles in a season and maybe even still holds the record for most poles ever..

The guy also set landspeed records in thr saltflats..

I still like the fact davey Allison is on the list , I think he could have been one of the best of his era if not even all time had he not died .

I have heard of all of em to be honest. It was the bigger point i was trying to make that there's some names on there that most (not u and me) haven't ever heard of.

Sadly, i think the majority of Nascars fans have joined the ranks in the last ten to fifteen years. Theyw ould have no idea who half of the guys on that list are. That's what i was trying to say. :willy_nilly: :D

Posted

Ohhh ok .. I was thinking you ( one if the bigger nascar fans on this site) never heard of Issac , because you listed him with Jack smith. And to be honest Ive never heard of Jack smith lol.

Posted

are you kidding, you have never heard of Bobby Issac ???

Guy was pretty good back in the day. He held the speed record at talladega until Bill Elliot broke it , he also holds the nascar recororgor number of poles in a season and maybe even still holds the record for most poles ever..

The guy also set landspeed records in thr saltflats..

I still like the fact davey Allison is on the list , I think he could have been one of the best of his era if not even all time had he not died .

My dad, and several other knowledgeable 1980s NASCAR fans, swear that if Tim Richmond hadn't have gotten AIDS he would have at least matched Earnhardt stride for stride, and maybe even topped him.

Posted

Tim Richmond just might have. I dunno.

How bout that dude's duds he wore? Fur coats? Alligator shoes?

LOL

He was a rock star.

Posted

ohhh ok .. I was thinking you ( one if the bigger nascar fans on this site) never heard of issac , because you listed him with jack smith. And to be honest ive never heard of jack smith lol.

lol :D

Posted

So here's a question...

After jrs contract is up (does anyone have any idea how long he's under contract?) and hendrick dosnt resign him what happens???

Do you think he brings his team into cup?

Or does he sign with another team, if so who?

I could see mwr as a plausable landing spot. I know how mikey is pretty close with Dale plus whereever he goes will increase that teams merchandise sales..

The only thing is that I dunno if jr would drive a camry.

Your thoughts?

Posted

Childress.

His HMS deal runs through 2012, and Hendrick is a co-owner of JR Motorsports now.

Posted

So here's a question...

After jrs contract is up (does anyone have any idea how long he's under contract?) and hendrick dosnt resign him what happens???

Do you think he brings his team into cup?

Or does he sign with another team, if so who?

I could see mwr as a plausable landing spot. I know how mikey is pretty close with Dale plus whereever he goes will increase that teams merchandise sales..

The only thing is that I dunno if jr would drive a camry.

Your thoughts?

Those are interesting ideas to say the least. i'm not sure when his deal is up but if he doesn't start winning i don't see another owner just throwing money at him. I know i wouldn't if i were an owner. Only one off the top of my head who might just hand him a ride is Childress and we all know how come.

Kinda funny seeing Tony drive that Camry for that year and then damn buying his own company!! lol I dunno if Jr would drive for Toyota or not.

As for his own team, that's the most logical to me. I don't see him working well with anyone unless he's in charge. I like the guy, i really do, but i think he's got a pretty inflated sense of his skills. When it's been widely reported that 3 cars in HMS run similar setups and 1 doesn't and then JJ and JG flat say that Jr likes to do their own thing over there, that's not good.

I can't imagine Rick tolerating that much longer. I just don't see it. No amount of shirt sales can be worth Jr (18) wins telling two FOUR time CHAMPS that their setups ain't that good! haha

Posted

I dont see JR lasting past this season if he doesnt pick it up. I also dont see him going to Childress if Harvick leaves after this season he will need a real talented driver to take over the 29. I see it as this for next season.

Kahne to HMS

Harvick to Stewart-Haas

Jr JGR

RCR Denny Hamlin

Posted

Who would Hendrick replace him with?? What type of contract did Brad K sign?? I would like to see him back with the team full time.

Posted

Who would Hendrick replace him with?? What type of contract did Brad K sign?? I would like to see him back with the team full time.

Kasey Kahne.

Posted

Those are interesting ideas to say the least. i'm not sure when his deal is up but if he doesn't start winning i don't see another owner just throwing money at him. I know i wouldn't if i were an owner. Only one off the top of my head who might just hand him a ride is Childress and we all know how come.

Kinda funny seeing Tony drive that Camry for that year and then damn buying his own company!! lol I dunno if Jr would drive for Toyota or not.

As for his own team, that's the most logical to me. I don't see him working well with anyone unless he's in charge. I like the guy, i really do, but i think he's got a pretty inflated sense of his skills. When it's been widely reported that 3 cars in HMS run similar setups and 1 doesn't and then JJ and JG flat say that Jr likes to do their own thing over there, that's not good.

I can't imagine Rick tolerating that much longer. I just don't see it. No amount of shirt sales can be worth Jr (18) wins telling two FOUR time CHAMPS that their setups ain't that good! haha

Eury Jr liked to do his own thing, hence the change in that position to somebody that is more "team" oriented, there is a reason why JR won 15 of 18 under Eury Sr and then went all to hell under Eury Jr......If JR keeps up the bad running then it will be proven that he is the one breaking/mishandling the equipment then no matter what he and Hendrick will go separate ways