#76 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,885 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

I used to hate jr with a passion because of the overated hype he gets, now he cant buy a race and even the tracks he is usually very good at he cant get a break. I kinda pull for him now if 24 goes out

#77 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,435 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

But all of the NFL, MLB or whatever rule changes everyone mentioned effect everyone equally.

NASCAR changes rules to the benefit of some and the detriment of others. A bunch of Ford owners get together and say they cannot keep up with the Toyotas, next thing you know NASCAR has made a change to help the Ford owners. How many times has that happened over the years?

Qualifying? What qualifying? NASCAR is so worried about its fan base they tell 75% of the field they have a spot waiting for them. Screw all of that and make them all qualify every week. Tough poo if Jimmy Johnson hits the wall during a Q-lap and doesn't make the race.

My point is NASCAR has made selective rule changes to help only part of the teams while the NFL and MLB rule changes brought up here effect everyone on the field.

#78 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,624 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

But all of the NFL, MLB or whatever rule changes everyone mentioned effect everyone equally.

NASCAR changes rules to the benefit of some and the detriment of others. A bunch of Ford owners get together and say they cannot keep up with the Toyotas, next thing you know NASCAR has made a change to help the Ford owners. How many times has that happened over the years?

Qualifying? What qualifying? NASCAR is so worried about its fan base they tell 75% of the field they have a spot waiting for them. Screw all of that and make them all qualify every week. Tough poo if Jimmy Johnson hits the wall during a Q-lap and doesn't make the race.

My point is NASCAR has made selective rule changes to help only part of the teams while the NFL and MLB rule changes brought up here effect everyone on the field.

The NFL makes rules that protect certain players at the expense of others. They make rules to favor offense over defense, in order to make fans happy. They make rules that allow small market teams to compete on a somewhat level playing fields with the big market teams. They do that last one to keep things even, just as Nascar makes rule changes to keep things even between the different teams.

#79 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

The NFL makes rules that protect certain players at the expense of others. They make rules to favor offense over defense, in order to make fans happy. They make rules that allow small market teams to compete on a somewhat level playing fields with the big market teams. They do that last one to keep things even, just as Nascar makes rule changes to keep things even between the different teams.

Rule changes like these make sense b/c no one wants to watch a blowout. It's not entertaining. Richard Petty used to win races by a margin of three laps between him and second place. Who really wants to see that?
MLB could learn a lesson from this and become a bit more competitive (and I'm talking about much more than revenue sharing).

#80 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,208 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

This could be devastating to the sport. Imagine the Daytona 500 without 3-4 top names.

#81 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:07 PM

Not to mention that many start-and-parkers setup their cars strictly to qualify with no intention of running the full race. . .

#82 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,435 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:09 AM

Again, you're using polar opposites to illustrate your case, but it still is not apples to apples. Offense over defense are polar opposite on the playing field. What NASCAR does to help Ford compete with Chevrolet, for example, is kind of like the NFL saying since the Steelers are so much better than the Panthers, when they play a Steeler TD is only 4 points while a Panther TD will be 6 points.

And as far as big market versus small market- the last example you want to use is NASCAR. There are what, a handful of team owners controlling the entire thing? The Wood brothers 21 car, part owned by Richard Petty with a Roush engine, yeah, there's equality.

#83 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

So close yesterday...

#84 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:37 AM

So close yesterday...

You know that a racer has fallen off their pedestal when someone bumps a several month old thread to discuss that racer's second place finish.

#85 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

I was at the race Sunday and it was insane. I've never heard a crowd so loud in my life when Jr. took the lead. The guy next to me was actually jumping and praying to God out loud.

#86 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

I've said it a million times. not often on this board, but until Jr stops being so damn nice, he won't win any races. He was aggressive before he was injured in the fire, and I firmly believe that is why he hasn't dominated a race like he did before. Sure he won a couple of times after, but it was a couple fuel mileage wins, not racing wins. He needs to be more like his dad and quit worrying about his image, focus on racing.

#87 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

lol

http://www.lasvegass.../apr/13/112999/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com