Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Crazy V2

Official Offseason Mock Trade Revision Thread

What direction should we go in?   18 members have voted

1. 1. What direction should we go in?

• Leave trades alone.
    • Review questionable trades.
    • Restart mock.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

I would not change the time scale. You had the initial flurry of trades, but since then there has been just the occassional agreement. This is not to say there isn't things going on though. A lot of people will be jostling for position in the draft to get the guy that will complete the roster etc...

I think it would be a shame to change teh structure and the results of what we have done thus far.

Personally, I think only a couple of trades were eligible for review, most of the 'dodgy' trades were just lack of judgement by one GM. By all means review these particular ones.

This.

the main problem with reviewing certain trades is that many teams that may have a questionable trade, may not do the next trade without the questionable one going through? for example im the eagles, i traded jeremy maclin. for a rb benie wells, but if i hadnt already aquired devin hester and roddy white to boost the recivers i never would have moved him......

im sure this will occur alot for many teams like chargers, colts, vikings

the main problem with reviewing certain trades is that many teams that may have a questionable trade, may not do the next trade without the questionable one going through? for example im the eagles, i traded jeremy maclin. for a rb benie wells, but if i hadnt already aquired devin hester and roddy white to boost the recivers i never would have moved him......

im sure this will occur alot for many teams like chargers, colts, vikings

it would be too confusing reviewing all of the trades and finding out who has what pick because in a trade, there could have been a draft pick and then that person traded it, etc. the best thing to do would be restart

I would not change the time scale. You had the initial flurry of trades, but since then there has been just the occassional agreement. This is not to say there isn't things going on though. A lot of people will be jostling for position in the draft to get the guy that will complete the roster etc...

I think it would be a shame to change teh structure and the results of what we have done thus far.

Personally, I think only a couple of trades were eligible for review, most of the 'dodgy' trades were just lack of judgement by one GM. By all means review these particular ones.

So let me get this straight.

We are going to punish GM's because they got the better end of a trade?

and reward the GM's who made bad moves by revoking the "dumb" trades.

Okay, this is the same thing thats going on Wall-street. We are rewarding failure by giving them another chance and "bailing" them out, and then punishing success of those who play by the rules and just happen to get the better end of the deal.

I dont think any of the trades should changed, but you cant just review certain ones. That is so subjective. Either revoke all trades and start over, or dont mess with it.

"Its not fair! Im not smart enough to get a trade like that so no one else should!":incazzato:

CrimsonTide, you are the one that has made the most dramatic trades and now you want to restart?

I say we review the trades that are questionable or just leave as is.

If we change the schedule of this process and start another one, are you still gonaa run a Madden Sim, or is this just all for nothing?

CrimsonTide, you are the one that has made the most dramatic trades and now you want to restart?

I say we review the trades that are questionable or just leave as is.

If we change the schedule of this process and start another one, are you still gonaa run a Madden Sim, or is this just all for nothing?

i didnt say I wanted to restart, I said the best thing to do would be restart. as in it would be easier to do that rather than review all of the trades, wait on peoples opinion on whether to veto it or not, and then figure out what pick belongs to who.

Okay, this is the same thing thats going on Wall-street. We are rewarding failure by giving them another chance and "bailing" them out, and then punishing success of those who play by the rules and just happen to get the better end of the deal.

I dont think any of the trades should changed, but you cant just review certain ones. That is so subjective. Either revoke all trades and start over, or dont mess with it.

"Its not fair! Im not smart enough to get a trade like that so no one else should!":incazzato:

Must have missed my initial post.

I agree with everything you wrote. I love the fact that one GM can 'screw' over another. Just because one guy does not see a players true value then that is no reason to revoke a trade.

I feel like I have got the better end of a couple of deals and sometimes I have given up a little more than I wanted. Regardless I wouldn't change any of them, as value is all dependant on the person.

Different people have different approaches, some will collect o'one time' players such as Farve who would give that one year to win the big one. Others will go for the younger player ready to break out and hope that enough of them will 'break out' to put on a winning season. Others will sacrifice the one or two star players they have to build an overall 'stronger' roster, others will do the opposite. That's what has made this whole thign enjoyable, as everyone will see things in different ways.

My only concern with the 'all or nothing' concept regarding the trades, is that virtually all trades have been understanable, one or two have been complete head scratchers. There is also the unlikely possibility of collusion with two members. Unlikely, but heavily weighted trades should be able to be analysed. I agree though, subjectivity is not the way to create a decent experience and thus I would leave it as it is. I just always think it is best to have a system that allows for outrageous trades which are clearly one sided, to be at the least, analysed.

I understand what you are saying, the Vikings are loaded for next year!

I understand what you are saying, the Vikings are loaded for next year!

Must have a good GM :P

well u traded farve? a player that is gonna be retired, maybe kinda sorta who knows? we will know by next october haha