Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad News about a Fellow Huddler

372 posts in this topic

Posted

I only got to hang out with him a few times, but he will be missed by Monkeybutt and me.

It was good to know you Clifton.

Posted

I still sit here in shock. I prayed for him and his family at mass this afternoon.

See you on the other side, superstar.

Posted

I never met him in person (still haven't been to a huddle tailgate yet after all these years, but hopefully will this one), but I always loved his posts. This sounds weird, but before the server had crashed after that ATL game last year and made us all "start over" with our accounts, me and 9Lives were friends and would constantly make jokes on the other's joke and such lol. I've calmed down a little bit on here the last few years though.

I didn't even know he had changed his name to electro until a couple months ago...

Regardless, he was a cool guy and he made some pretty amusing posts lol. Definitely sad to hear all this. And I agree about the news articles, how inconsiderate and classless can they be? This is a human life.

Regardless of the circumstance, a man lost his life. They've got to honor that, but instead they choose to cater to their commie, go-green, save the whales, a horse died audience because that's what's cool now. They have no idea what he was going through to reach that point of despair, so I doubt he would have allowed that to happen to those animals had he been in a stable frame of mind.

I don't want to share my views on what Clif did, but instead, I would like to pay my respects to him. Like I said, he was an awesome guy on here and a great poster. Wish I would've had the chance to meet him in person. And as others have said, if anyone on here is feeling low, let somebody know... I guarantee you someone will be there to help you up.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the family and friends.

RIP Clif, you will be missed. BTW, his 9Lives avatar was hall of fame status.

Posted

penis%20tree.jpg

Posted

First of all, my wife and I would like to extend condolances and prayers to anyone who needs them.

Second, I would like to congratulate everyone for knowing someone who was apparently a damn decent person (I never had the face to face pleasure).

Third, I'd like to say that Electro was the first Huddler who ever spoke to me at length on here. If he hadn't been so cordial, and hadn't made me laugh, I probably wouldn't have hung around here for very long. Always looked forward to meeting him one day. While I never got the chance to meet him, he was always a pleasure on here, even when he was being a total ass.

Farewell and adieu to you, fair spanish ladies....

RIP Electro

Finally, if any of you need to reach out to a stranger, I may not be the best conversationalist but I do have skilled ears and I will offer whatever advice I can. Drop a line.

No one else is allowed to die before I get a chance to meet them. That's an order.

Posted

Regarding the newspaper article, I think they focused on the horses because they usually don't report suicides. At least they didn't used to. The suicide was part of the horse story, so they included it.

I'm sorry, but 13 dead horses and nine emaciated ones is a news story. Some people don't give a crap about animals and that's their issue, but many people do. I'll stand toe to toe with anyone who has a problem with that.

1 person likes this

Posted

It looks like the funeral service will probably be on Friday. I don't know the time yet, but will hopefully be able to provide detailed information tomorrow. I will update as soon as possible.

Posted

thanks kittycat for all the updates.

Posted

I am new here, and didn't know Electro even half as much as everyone else, but I would like to express all of my condolences.

He seemed like a great guy that I wish I got to know...I wish his family well and hope he is in peace now!

Posted

Rip

Posted

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Many of you know my views on what else happened here. If his death inspires one person to cherish a loved one or help a stranger in the time of need then may God have mercy on his soul.

Posted

so sorry to hear this. even though i disagreed with him in threads often, he always brought his A game and was looking for a little back-and-forth. NOT looking for a lecture, like some trolls are. seemed like a good dude.

as for the media focusing on the dead horses, i think that aspect is newsworthy because there has been a strange rash of farmers killing their livestock and themselves in succession recently. so it is certainly worth noting, and probably even worth focusing on. but the loss of a human life is definitely tragic, and attention should be paid to that as well.