• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ESPN scribe

ESPN scribe

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

Tim Struby here, writer at ESPN The Magazine and I’m STILL looking for a Panthers fan for an ESPN THE MAGAZINE feature story. True . (I’m on the masthead of the Mag – have been with them for 10 years!) Am doing a feature for ESPN’s annual ‘Fan Issue’ and I need a Panthers fan that has some hardcore pre-game and game day rituals. Like eating certain foods at a certain time for dinner the night before a game. Or washing a game day outfit twice the night before and then sleeping exactly 6.5 hours, then having the same two friends over who sit in the same spots for the start of the game, then rotating seats during each commercial. Stuff like that…The stranger the better!!

What do I want to do? To sit with and watch different fans go through their rituals and whatever crazy stuff they do leading up to their team’s game. I’ll bring my pen and pad and photographer and you’ll be in ESPN The Magazine!

Anyone with such rituals, please drop me a note at tstruby@yahoo.com. Looking to nail down some subjects soon!

#2 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationRock Hell, SC

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

Now I know somebody on here could give this guy something to write about. Hell, make up some good sh*t for him! This really sounds like a natural for several Huddle regulars.

Zod, 9lives, Scrum, Kurb? I know you guys could do something for this guy!

#3 PowerlessDan

PowerlessDan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:49 PM

Mush would be a good one.

#4 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

Are you looking for people that live in just the Charlotte area, or does it matter? For example I live 4 hours from Charlotte, but always go up the day before the game.

Just curious as to what your travel limitations are. The Huddle tailgate would be a pretty good place to take pics if you ask me.

And that is a TRUE ritual.

#5 Lt Pinkerton

Lt Pinkerton

Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

Let's see.

After church I leave immediately with my friend and we go get Harris Teeter 2.49$ subs. Then we rush back to his place and watch the game on his roomate's 45" HD 1080p Samsung TV. We all wear our jerseys and paint our faces. Once I get a career down, or the band takes off Season tickets every year for the rest of my life.

Here is a nice picture for you:
Posted Image

#6 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationRock Hell, SC

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

Shoot him an email 9lives and find out! tstruby@yahoo.com

He just said Panthers fan, he didn't say where.

You are right Dan, Mush would be a very good subject.

#7 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Yeah, Booooyyyyyy....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,788 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

Why? What does Mush do?

#8 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

L

Here is a nice picture for you:
Posted Image

WHAT THE HELL is on your face???

j/k man :rofl:

#9 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Tim Struby here, writer at ESPN The Magazine and I’m STILL looking for a Panthers fan for an ESPN THE MAGAZINE feature story. True . (I’m on the masthead of the Mag – have been with them for 10 years!) Am doing a feature for ESPN’s annual ‘Fan Issue’ and I need a Panthers fan that has some hardcore pre-game and game day rituals. Like eating certain foods at a certain time for dinner the night before a game. Or washing a game day outfit twice the night before and then sleeping exactly 6.5 hours, then having the same two friends over who sit in the same spots for the start of the game, then rotating seats during each commercial. Stuff like that…The stranger the better!!

What do I want to do? To sit with and watch different fans go through their rituals and whatever crazy stuff they do leading up to their team’s game. I’ll bring my pen and pad and photographer and you’ll be in ESPN The Magazine!

Anyone with such rituals, please drop me a note at tstruby@yahoo.com. Looking to nail down some subjects soon!

If you want a REAL GOOD STORY -- you should fly down for the Carolina Huddle Tailgate for the playoff game.

The WHOLE THING is a ritual for about 50-100 people. Pleople come from all over the country (I fly down from AK) and come together with insane food, great FUn and then we raise money for the Huddles "Toys 4 Tots" bike drive. Over $5,000.00 raised this year and made A LOT of little kids happy on christmas.

All because a bunch of Crazy Panther fans....

Now thats a Story.

#10 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:43 PM

I don't think he looks at this thread after he makes the post..you have to email him..

#11 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, he's posted on here several times but I don't think I've ever seen him respond in the thread.

#12 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

Let's see.

After church I leave immediately with my friend and we go get Harris Teeter 2.49$ subs. Then we rush back to his place and watch the game on his roomate's 45" HD 1080p Samsung TV. We all wear our jerseys and paint our faces. Once I get a career down, or the band takes off Season tickets every year for the rest of my life.

Those Harris Teeter subs are great. Only the one near me raised its price to $2.99.

#13 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:56 PM

Those Harris Teeter subs are great. Only the one near me raised its price to $2.99.

The one in Weddington, NC was selling theirs for $1.49 at lunchtime. Best of all, that price applied to all the subs, not just a daily special.

This thread has now been hijacked.

#14 Lt Pinkerton

Lt Pinkerton

Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

Dude Harris Teeter subs are gods gift to North Carolina. In the underground Harris Teeter downtown they have the "Hoov Special" which is basically like a cold cut trio sandwich.

#15 PowerlessDan

PowerlessDan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

Why? What does Mush do?

He organizes the tailgates and keeps us all in line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.