Photo
- - - - -

Jake Delhomme haters please enter this thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#25 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

So less than half of the best rated passers in NFL history have rings, passer rating-worthless stat.

Passer rating is an individual stat....I look at SB wins as more of a team stat.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:57 PM

Passer rating is an individual stat....I look at SB wins as more of a team stat.

Agreed. Unless some here think that Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer are better QB's than Dan Fouts and Dan Marino.

Also, Eli Manning and Jake Delhomme both have one Super Bowl appearance. Is there anyone that seriously believes Eli had a better superbowl than Jake did. Regardless of the outcome, Jake played his ass off in that Superbowl while Eli was ok in his one superbowl appearance.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 31 December 2008 - 06:59 PM.

#27 PantherDFense

PantherDFense

TRUE BLUE!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

Jake has been a "learn as U go" quarterback. Fox is stuck on him like Parcells gets stuck on QB's..they've both learned about each other as the years have progressed. I didn't realize how important Jake was until last season when he got injured. Most QB's come in the league with the experience and bring their experience 2 the team..JAKE however...has gone through a learning process over the years from my point of view..and it's just now starting 2 pay off and work in his favor.

#28 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

Agreed. Unless some here think that Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer are better QB's than Dan Fouts and Dan Marino

Posted Image

#29 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

17th highest rated QB ever, among other things.

I really enjoyed this article. Glad to see him get some respect.

http://www.heraldonl...ry/1042767.html

I used to think Jake just threw up Gimmes, but this has been happening again and again for a while now....There has to be a method to this madness...lol...I don't know how they do it man

Keep 'em coming tho

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Jake Delhomme reminds me a little bit of Billy Kilmer, but with better receivers. Billy was never pretty, did pretty well when he had some decent players around him.

#31 chbright

chbright

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, I thought the same thing. 17th all time is top 5% at least.

that makes culpepper top 2%, damn why did no one pick up the 9th best pass rated qb all time until near the end of the year. this proves its a bogus stat. so this list has him above elway, johnny U, and countless others that are head and shoulders above jake. pennington is top 6?? come on.

Edited by chbright, 31 December 2008 - 08:28 PM.

#32 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

Yeah that list just goes to show you that numbers don't tell the whole story. John Elway was definitely better than 90% of the guys on that list.

I am happy with Jake for the most part this year. Let's just leave it at that.

#33 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

Agreed. Unless some here think that Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer are better QB's than Dan Fouts and Dan Marino.

Also, Eli Manning and Jake Delhomme both have one Super Bowl appearance. Is there anyone that seriously believes Eli had a better superbowl than Jake did. Regardless of the outcome, Jake played his ass off in that Superbowl while Eli was ok in his one superbowl appearance.

Do you really think that either of those guys give a poo if they are better than Marino or not?

They have a ring and he doesn't, and I can pretty much bet you Marino would rather be a little less "good" and have that ring, than be an all time great and not have one.

#34 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

Anyone who still hates Delhomme after comparing last year to this year is a total dumbass. No shortage of those around here though...

#35 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:07 AM

Anyone who still hates Delhomme after comparing last year to this year is a total dumbass. No shortage of those around here though...

I don't see many people posting here who say they hate Jake, but I'm sure Fumbling Foster had NOTHING to do with us sucking last year either.

#36 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

that makes culpepper top 2%, damn why did no one pick up the 9th best pass rated qb all time until near the end of the year. this proves its a bogus stat. so this list has him above elway, johnny U, and countless others that are head and shoulders above jake. pennington is top 6?? come on.

I'm not saying it's not a bogus stat. Just like power rankings. But 17th is not average when you consider how many QBs have played in the NFL.