Photo
- - - - -

Jeremy Williams

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:17 PM

Someone uploaded a video a Jeremy Williams video recently. He's rpetty good, I wouldn't mind getting him.

He's the type of receiver Fox likes, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft him.

#2 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

Yea, he could be had in the 3rd round. He is the best route runner in the draft, and he knows how to find the open space in the zone. His hands are incredible.. lacks elite speed. You know exactly what you are getting with this kid.

#3 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

Yea, he could be had in the 3rd round. He is the best route runner in the draft, and he knows how to find the open space in the zone. His hands are incredible.. lacks elite speed. You know exactly what you are getting with this kid.

Thats what I think.He is sort of like Shipley in that way.You know what your getting..with him.

#4 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:34 PM

Thats what I think.He is sort of like Shipley in that way.You know what your getting..with him.

Yea, I agree.. I think Williams is a little more polished than Shipley and Shipley has a little more upside due to his speed. But, yea they are both consistent players.

#5 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Yea, I agree.. I think Williams is a little more polished than Shipley and Shipley has a little more upside due to his speed. But, yea they are both consistent players.

The guy I was looking at is Eric Decker..looks like a solid #2 type..

#6 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

He impressed me a lot at the Senior Bowl. Made a lot (6 catches for 83 yards) of good catches. Showed a great ability to use his body to shield the ball from the defender on crossing patterns. And did a great job on those little comeback routes.

He also had the longest run (27 yards) on a reverse where he made one guy miss then setup his blockers well (except maybe Black who basically tackles him by forcing him out of bounds). He has prototypical size at 6'0 205 and has good not great speed. Wouldn't mind getting him at all.

#7 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

You know who lacked elite speed? Michael Crabtree. That guy came in and dominated for the 49ers.

I don't really care about speed, if you can't catch a ball or run good routes you're nothing. See: Devin Hester/Braylon Edwards.

If he can run routes and catch a ball he's fine in my book. Wes Welker isn't even that fast of a receiver, but his insane route running ability allows him to get separation on damn near every single play.

#8 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

Can he block?

#9 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

Tulane was primarily a running team, so I would assume he can block very well. Williams didn't get that many opportunities to inflate his stats.

#10 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:39 PM

I read somewhere that he has a injury history.

Anybody know what the injuries are?

#11 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

Yea, his injury list is long.. consisting of 2 major knee surgeries, and a wrist surgery.

#12 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Not against drafting him, but i sincerely hope he's not the best the Panthers can do as far as the WR position.

#13 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

Not against drafting him, but i sincerely hope he's not the best the Panthers can do as far as the WR position.

I could see a run on them in the 2nd..

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com