Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

A more fair statement...

449 posts in this topic

good post lp

Wow. Never heard about this stuff.

I know - second hand - of an incident from another board where a couple of guys battling back and forth over football stuff actually escalated into real world violence.

Guy number one was a former college football player and, as you can imagine, a fairly big fellow.

Guy number two was, shall we say, a piece of work.

This fellow was a know-it-all, internet tough guy (think G-Man, only worse). He was always throwing personal attacks at people, never admitted to even the possibility of being wrong, and often used personal details of peoples lives to criticize them (one poor fellow who admitted to having had awful bouts with alcoholism always got that thrown in his face when they debated). Number Two also often claimed to work for a national football publication, but wouldn't name which one. Nobody believed him, of course, but he insisted it was true and used it as a way to say that he was better than the rest of us.

At some point, after a particularly heated squabble, Number Two got up the guts to meet Number One at an appointed spot for a fight. You can probably guess the result.

The fellow who told me the story said the loudmouth guy didn't know when to quit. As a result, the big guy beat him down so badly that he ended up feeling sorry for him and was remorseful over the whole thing.

I'd tussled with guy number two once or twice before (he even PM'd me) but I couldn't believe he'd actually been willing to get physical with someone, and all over football message board arguments.

As I'm sure someone will say, the internet is serious business :sosp:

lol Colin

1 person likes this

I was the first one offered that damn couch. I remember him stepping in from there and ohhh boy did things get interesting. I'm happy to sit on the floor...............

I'm with Zod on this one.

I received several not-so-thinly veiled death threats from 9Lives over the past 3 years or so in posts and in PMs. He made several mentions that he knew where I sat in Panthers games and that security doesn't find everything in heavy jackets. And I won't name names, but I know Zod and I aren't the only ones.

So when I hear that they find dead animals and high powered weapons on his property, I'm very glad he didn't decide to take anyone else out with him.

Anytime ak and catofwar are on the same side of an issue, you can pretty much bet it's the most asinine thing you've ever read.

What interests me the most is how hard CatOfWar fought to defend the inappropriate actions of a man he never really knew.

The obvious explanation is that CatOfWar liked electro. A lot. He probably saw a lot of himself in electro (they're both batshit crazy, paranoid, schizophrenic lunatics.)

Calling electro unstable and pointing out how he did horrible things is like forcing CatOfWar to look in a mirror and see the elephant man staring back at him.

Anytime ak and catofwar are on the same side of an issue, you can pretty much bet it's the most asinine thing you've ever read.

very astute observation.

lol

I know I bowed out of this thread a while back, but here I am again...

I remember the couch episode, although I didn't know it got all that serious in private channels...

Aside from that, all I have to add from my earlier posts is this:

CatofWar - you gotta learn when to drop things and walk away...

AK - you're still an idiot, even though you had some signs of improvement before the past week

KillerKat - I know what you're trying to say sometimes even though it doesn't come across to others the way you mean it... I think I fall in that category too...

Cosmo, GTG, and anyone else that ever really felt threatened - I am so sorry... This should never happen anywhere, especially a place to come talk about the Panthers

Meat - I would have repped you for the "8 more lives" comment, but I can't

anybody else I missed - sorry... I'll get back with you later...

Overall, I am glad this thread exists... Its been a good place for people to get things off their chests, and a good place to show that everything shouldn't always be seen with rose-tinted glasses... It has also had, even mixed within it's serious moments, some of the funniest lines in Huddle history...

To answer the question as to why he was allowed to post here, we spent weeks banning dozens of usernames and IPs and he kept just coming back. There is only so much we can do if someone really wants to be here.

I'll just say, I am a little shocked. I am relatively new to the Huddle, and knew Clif long before I came here. I can say I NEVER saw the bad side of him, and I feel bad for the people that he did show aggression to. He did nothing but good things for me and my boys, and never failed to ask how the family was doing.

See, alot of the threats and things that happened on here before I joined, I never even knew about, but heard small rumblings of them from time to time. I choose to celebrate the good of his life, and hope he found peace before he died. I'll admit, I was getting a little pissed at some of the things that were said about him the last couple days, but now I know why.

But like some people have said on here, he had the ability to be good, and more than not showed it. So now, I have seen both sides of the coin and am a little upset, but it is something you can still take something from and learn.

I will be leaving my tribute sig up just until the end of this week as my own little tribute to him, who I called a friend, and I hope not to offend anyone.

I just hope with Clifs passing, no grudges will be held, and all can be somewhat forgiven. A good man once said, 'Can't we all just get along?"

Wow, it took me 30 minutes to read this whole thread from where I left it last night... I'm glad you guys left it open. This stuff does need to be discussed.

I feel I'm in the middle ground on this too... I wasn't here to see the threats and the bad side of Clifton, I only saw the good side. I too am sorry that it went down the way it did with you guys that were threatened, it shouldn't be that way. I didn't see anything like that from him as Electro... I wonder why?

I know he had personal issues that he dealt with his entire life... that does not excuse threatening anyone however, but it does shed light on why those things happened. In the end, I hate that it came to him taking his own life, it's just sad.

9Lives was too unstable to handle the internet properly. You think filing police reports would have made a difference to his threats on here to real people he somehow found personal information about? There's a reason a lot of us were not surprised to hear the news of his death and all the sad details. In all honesty, I'm surprised it wasn't worse.

never knew about any of this stuff till recently...im still shocked about everything.