Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

A more fair statement...

449 posts in this topic

You can't stop someone from using different IP's/usernames 24/7. The huddle has 10k members.

Been trying to edit for about 10 mins but my work pc is not helping.

By no means am I pointing at anyone. Meant for it to be more rhetorical ie as if we are ALL learning a lesson by this.

Absolutely he had no reason on any level to do what he did as far as his threats. I hope enough of you know me to know I wouldn't be close to thinking that.

To summarize my novella it's simply this. Let's all look ahead and learn from this and take a look at our inner circle of friends. Treat them even better than you have and be more willing and open to reaching out to someone you don't have much in common with.

I get to do some lessons at my church from time to time and type how I would say something to a large crowd. You throw out a tough revealing rhetorical that applies to the speaker and the audience. If the shoe fits deal.

Again. I'm not mad at anyone or pointing fingers. Had I gotten back to being able to edit it would have made more sense. Working on issues at work and typinng something about this topic don't mesh well together.

He's dead. I'd prefer to not speak of the dead.

Never knew he caused this much trouble. Seemed fairly benign to me. Guess I missed a few things, but then thats par for the course for me. :)

face it, its rare you'll hear people disparage a person who has passed, "Wheww, glad he's gone."

Hell, people even felt sorry for Saddam Hussein and he was a real asshole.

I was/am one of those people.

Sorry PStall, no one did anything that warranted him threatening men women and children with violence. Pointing it back on us is completely baseless.

No one is saying I told you so either, but I do agree this is a learning experience for some of us.

Wow. Never heard about this stuff.

I know - second hand - of an incident from another board where a couple of guys battling back and forth over football stuff actually escalated into real world violence.

Guy number one was a former college football player and, as you can imagine, a fairly big fellow.

Guy number two was, shall we say, a piece of work.

This fellow was a know-it-all, internet tough guy (think G-Man, only worse). He was always throwing personal attacks at people, never admitted to even the possibility of being wrong, and often used personal details of peoples lives to criticize them (one poor fellow who admitted to having had awful bouts with alcoholism always got that thrown in his face when they debated). Number Two also often claimed to work for a national football publication, but wouldn't name which one. Nobody believed him, of course, but he insisted it was true and used it as a way to say that he was better than the rest of us.

At some point, after a particularly heated squabble, Number Two got up the guts to meet Number One at an appointed spot for a fight. You can probably guess the result.

The fellow who told me the story said the loudmouth guy didn't know when to quit. As a result, the big guy beat him down so badly that he ended up feeling sorry for him and was remorseful over the whole thing.

I'd tussled with guy number two once or twice before (he even PM'd me) but I couldn't believe he'd actually been willing to get physical with someone, and all over football message board arguments.

As I'm sure someone will say, the internet is serious business :sosp:

1 person likes this

in the end made the decision not to burden those around him nor take anyone else with him.

Tell that to the horses.:rolleyes:

Tell that to the horses.:rolleyes:

i didnt know horses talked?

i didnt know horses talked?

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,

And no one can talk to a horse of course

That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse

He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.

He's always on a steady course.

Talk to Mr. Ed.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day

But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,

And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.

You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this.

I am Mister Ed.

I agree with many of the things said... but I have to add...threats are threats and never was any one of them even remotely acted upon! Easy to say from thousands of miles away...but like posted earlier...he threatened, but he always came back to the huddle and it never took long for most to figure out it was him!!!! His threats were also surrounded by very generous offerings at tailgates....weird combination!

Not me, not when violent threats are made against me and mine. That kind of sours me to the whole good will thing

Agreed. I almost had a restraining order put against him due to threats he made to me.