21 replies to this topic

#16 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

I spent that horrible 1-15 season in Kuwait. I watched 2005-06 season in Iraq on AFN (whenever possible). Watched Panthers-Giants playoff game at Baghdad International Airport after they delayed our flight because of dust storms. I was glad to see a lot of Giants fans crying.

#17 ironman99h

ironman99h

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:29 AM

Out here in Iraq (again) and I can't wait to watch the Panthers on AFN - if those jackasses would set up the damn dish already.

Oh, and I sent an email.

Here's to the Panthers winning the Super Bowl this year.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Our tailgate has had the honor of hosting the vets that led the team out of the tunnel this year for the Vets day celebration, along with all the games last year. Amazing bunch of guys, and some of them have literally been through hell.

A couple of them were telling us about this "Wounded Warriors" project, and they got to go - all expenses paid - on a wild fishing trip in Alaska; their stories were hilarious....

#19 Mr.Ponche

Mr.Ponche

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

Thanks to all the service men and woman for the sacrifices made in keeping the U.S free. Tickets would be a very deserved treat.

#20 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

Since it's the Observer doing it, they're probably just going to do a story about the Panther following in the military. Probably not tickets.

Regardless, I think it's pretty cool that there are so many Panthers fans in the military. I had no idea.

#21 vrybadinfluence

vrybadinfluence

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

I emailed the guy my vonage number and he called and interviewed me. Just asked me about how long I've been a fan and what I have to go through to watch the games. I feel for you guys deployed this football season. I was gone last year, but we sucked so it was a bit easier. Stay safe!

#22 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

any other huddlers get in this story?

http://www.charlotte...ory/451085.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.