Kurb

Looking for some new Sci/Fi or Fantasy novels.

391 posts in this topic

About a quarter of the way into Forever Peace from Haldeman and it's pretty strong.

The real point of this post though is to give a little love to Crichton. Not hard to read and nothing groundbreaking but just spent 4 out of the last 10 days in airplanes and chewed up a couple of his books. Dude is always solid if unspectacular and too mainstream to be considered "real" SiFi but always fun to read.

Robert E. Howard and pretty much anything from R. A. Salvatore.

OK so I finished Forever Peace and Haldeman is quickly rising the list to favored author status.

Another very solid read, it takes a very interesting look at how we kill each other.

Off to Amazon to order some more of his work...

Started reading the first book of The Wheel of Time series, The Eye of the World. This book is a task to get through. He delves so far into detail that it becomes difficult to follow at times.

Finally got and read "The Forever War." Interesting book... enjoyed it. Are Forever Free and Forever Peace worth reading?

Burned through three P.K. Dick books over christmas;

Dr. Futurity, The Man in the High Castle, 3 Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch

All badass. Highly recommend Man in the High Castle and 3 Stigmata.

Picked up Dragondoom awhile back, thought it was a pretty good read. Want to read more of Dennid L. McKiernan's Mithgar series but i heard it was/is a complete rip off of LOTR.

Finally got and read "The Forever War." Interesting book... enjoyed it. Are Forever Free and Forever Peace worth reading?

Forever Peace is damned solid. Its pretty different from Forever War in substance but stays true to it in style. Its once again a story that doesn't let you forget its about people more than it is about the tech.

Been taking a bit of a break from SiFi but about to dive into:How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe

Its come pretty highly recommended and its been sitting on my end table taunting me for a month or so.

just ordered a game of thrones 4 book bundle for $23. hope it's as good as yaw say it is. also got day by day armageddon (1 and 2), the infection and patient zero. i've been hooked on zombie novels since WWZ. I also want to pick up EX-Heroes seems like a cool book.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead