Kurb

Looking for some new Sci/Fi or Fantasy novels.

391 posts in this topic

Fwiw, i think sanderson saved the wot series. If you can make it to book 12, they get really, really good, best in the series imo. Last one comes out next year.

The Legacy of Heorot written in 1987 by Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle, and Steven Barnes. Excellent book, highly recommended. I am a big SCI-FI/ Fantasy reader and it is one of my favorites.

MIght have to check that out, I liked niven's "the mote in gods eye"

I caved in to the trend and bought The Hunger Games trilogy over the weekend because I was looking for something else to read... I've started the first book and am surprised how good it is so far...

I have a list of stuff that looks pretty interesting to me, but I can't snag it until I order it online or go to the book store... but has anyone got any comments on any of these?

Steve Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen series

Patrick Rothfuss - The Name of the Wind/The Wise Man's Fear (1&2 in a trilogy he's working on)

George R. Stewart - Earth Abides

lemme know

1 person likes this

Glad you bumped this j... I got and finished 'The Ghost Brigades' by Scalzi this weekend as my hurricane reading... good read. Not as good as 'Old Man's War' which it was a sequel to, but a good read.

I've heard about 'The Hunger Games' but haven't tried that yet... maybe I will.

Glad you bumped this j... I got and finished 'The Ghost Brigades' by Scalzi this weekend as my hurricane reading... good read. Not as good as 'Old Man's War' which it was a sequel to, but a good read.

I've heard about 'The Hunger Games' but haven't tried that yet... maybe I will.

THG is young adult fiction, so it isn't really geared towards adults or all that difficult to read... But the overall concept is pretty cool and original, and that is what is keeping me interested...

started reading game of thrones the other day because of this thread... about 450 pages in now and it's pretty fantastic. i read anything and everything, but haven't read a lot of fantasy stuff, so this is a nice change of pace

1 person likes this

good to know

i saw a lot of people saying it started slow, but I didn't mind. just a lot of character/detail building

GoT really doesn't get good until around the point you're at, and it really only gets better.

gets better until feast for crows.

gets better until feast for crows.

AFFC and ADWD are still better than 99% of what is out there... including Tolkien...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead