• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Kurb

Looking for some new Sci/Fi or Fantasy novels.

13 minutes ago, Crixtala said:

have you read his current series?  the lightbringer series (i think)?  really good... haven't read the night angel trilogy yet, but haven't been reading much lately either

I haven't. I will though, after I get done with this one. He's pretty danged good.

agreed, really like his writing and his lightbringer series is one of the few that I've gone out and bought the book new right after coming out instead of waiting until it shows up at my used book store

On 2/16/2010 at 7:05 PM, CanadianCat said:

My favorite fantasy series is the 'Song of Ice and Fire' by George RR Martin.

I have really enjoyed his stuff and he not afraid to kill of main characters which is refreshing...

I second the GOT books, SOIAF...great.  I kinda liked Swan Song and Carrion Comfort (more horror) but good.  

I just finished Daemon by Daniel Suarez... It is a pretty good Sci-Fi novel. Basically, this major programmer dies, and he's designed this intricate program that launches itself automatically after his death. The program goes after his enemies/the world economy etc. with the goal of toppling the status quo.

11 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I just finished Daemon by Daniel Suarez... It is a pretty good Sci-Fi novel. Basically, this major programmer dies, and he's designed this intricate program that launches itself automatically after his death. The program goes after his enemies/the world economy etc. with the goal of toppling the status quo.

that's really similar to something i have planned for book 4, but it's just a sub-arc really

• Pie 1

Just finished book 2 of the Legends of the First Empire series by Michael J. Sullivan.

I gotta say, this is probably going to make its way to film at some point. Excellent story, and I’d put him up there with GRRM, Rothfuss, and Lynch... the difference being that Sullivan actually gives a damn about his readers and churns the books out. The first two came out a year apart, and the next one is due out in July. I’m excited.