#1 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

You can hate on Prisco all you want but this article pretty much nails it.

http://www.cbssports...t-30-crossroads

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

Peppers and Carl Carey just sent Prisco a present. He better not open it without putting it under water.

#3 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

Peppers and Carl Carey just sent Prisco a present. He better not open it without putting it under water.

lmao... I hope Pep gets about 200k a game and some red cherry coolaid in his next deal...

#4 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:31 PM

Our defensive line is getting...... seasoned.....
if they say production for a DL slows at 30 we are in some serious trouble.
Julius Peppers 30
Tyler Brayton 30
Maake Kemoeatu 31
Damione Lewis 31
Hollis Thomas 36

our line is our most veteran group.... other than kicker.....

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,069 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

Loved how other coaches and team personnel have the same impression....he dominates when he wants to , but takes plays and games off.

That is his true negative.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,618 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

On the flip side...

PFT: Agent thinks Vanden Bosch is done with Titans

#7 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Our defensive line is getting...... seasoned.....
if they say production for a DL slows at 30 we are in some serious trouble.
Julius Peppers 30
Tyler Brayton 30
Maake Kemoeatu 31
Damione Lewis 31
Hollis Thomas 36

our line is our most veteran group.... other than kicker.....

I think the article was implying more about pass rushing DEs. Besides I see none of the players except for lewis starting next year. But thats just me.

CJ>Brayton, Leonard>Kemo (same injury concerns so don't use that), arguably even Tyler or Draft Pick>Lewis. Thomas while a great bandaid was just that a bandaid on a broken leg. Hell maybe a CJ and Brown combo could relatively begin to replace Pep. I am firmly on Richardson's corner on this one, it should have happened last year.

#8 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

if we sign some guys to replace him then I'm fine, but mannnn i will be pretty discouraged if we handle this like jenkins. We need to find someone to replace him, we don't have the talent on the line to replace him.

#9 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

Do not forget we will get compensation for him next year in way of almost assuredly a 3rd round pick. All this for a guy who is entering a time where most likely he will be losing effectiveness and has been a pain in our side for 2 season.

I for one will not miss him. Even if he goes on to succeed I will not care as I think we have a good enough group to take his place. And I have confidence in Hurney to draft a guy or 2 if we lose him. This all could have been avoided if we had just let him walk last year. I think our season would have been a lot better off with all that extra cap space.

#10 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,259 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

im down for letting him walk if someone is brought in to compete.if not i will lose all faith in this fo.i still believe some sort of compensation can be given for him to us.

#11 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,640 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

Nice article, hard to argue with that kind of data... I honestly think we will end up letting him walk, will be tough to tag and trade at that price and don't want to get stuck with him at that price either.

The numbers say that when your DE turns 30, you start looking for someone else. My heart wants to see Peppers stay, my head says we should let him walk.

#12 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

from a physical standpoint Peppers looked in the best shape of his carrer this year.So I still think he can give you some solid years.

I would hate to see him coming towards me as a OLB in 34

#13 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,105 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

Peppers has 2 good years left. The problem is that he is going to want a 6 year deal worth a 100 million. He won't last nearly that long and with 35-40 million guaranteed will be a big bust the last 3 years of his career. I suspect that whoever gets him will think it is a great deal for the next 2 years and fans will initially be upset we let him go. But after that, it will end up being the right move. I still feel we should tag him and use him up a little more then let him go. That way if we have a lockout we owe him nothing. And at 31 we will have gotten his best years. But that is me and it isn't my money.

Edited by panthers55, 15 February 2010 - 11:20 PM.

#14 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,868 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

I think pepp is that rare case where 30 years of age doesn't mean squat. There aren't many people built like pepp on this planet, so comparing him to other 30 year old DE's is pointless IMHO.

#15 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Get this guys, we don't need an old DE, Peppers is on his decline of his career anyways, with 1, max 2 good seasons left. We are all worried about getting nothing for peppers, screw that, let him walk and take games off for another team. We drafted him and we cant DRAFT another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.