Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murph

Prisco on Peppers

42 posts in this topic

Peppers has 2 good years left. The problem is that he is going to want a 6 year deal worth a 100 million. He won't last nearly that long and with 35-40 million guaranteed will be a big bust the last 3 years of his career. I suspect that whoever gets him will think it is a great deal for the next 2 years and fans will initially be upset we let him go. But after that, it will end up being the right move. I still feel we should tag him and use him up a little more then let him go. That way if we have a lockout we owe him nothing. And at 31 we will have gotten his best years. But that is me and it isn't my money.

1 person likes this

I think pepp is that rare case where 30 years of age doesn't mean squat. There aren't many people built like pepp on this planet, so comparing him to other 30 year old DE's is pointless IMHO.

Get this guys, we don't need an old DE, Peppers is on his decline of his career anyways, with 1, max 2 good seasons left. We are all worried about getting nothing for peppers, screw that, let him walk and take games off for another team. We drafted him and we cant DRAFT another.

Get this guys, we don't need an old DE, Peppers is on his decline of his career anyways, with 1, max 2 good seasons left. We are all worried about getting nothing for peppers, screw that, let him walk and take games off for another team. We drafted him and we cant DRAFT another.

yeah totally washed up

I think its not so much about him being 30 and more about how much he wants compared to what we get. He will depreciate very fast after 30 but wants to be payed like his stock will rise. Also he only plays when he wants. There is a cheaper guy Named Richard Seymour who could fill his shoes very well. So could some other FAs.

I lawl at the uninformed stating he takes plays off.

Hmmm Lets see....

If he takes as many plays off as many have said, then he should be a really "young 30"....

pete

1 person likes this

I think pepp is that rare case where 30 years of age doesn't mean squat. There aren't many people built like pepp on this planet, so comparing him to other 30 year old DE's is pointless IMHO.

I agree, he's taken chop blocks that would shred other guys knees and just been sore. He's been twisted akwardly and gone down a few times only to take a few plays off and come back in.

He was really a finesse guy when we drafted him, and we've strengthened him up a lot. I feel like he'll have a long career.

I would be very surprised if he just bombed after 30.

Prisco is and always will be a douchebag. Sacks sacks sacks sacks sacks...give me a break. It's not the only metric for a DE.

I lawl at the uninformed stating he takes plays off.

What makes you informed to the contrary?

What makes you informed to the contrary?

So you're saying you know Peppers role every play? You know if he's supposed to stay home and keep containment or hold off the OT for the OLB? Do you know he's been told to see whether or not he should drop back in coverage? Do you know he's supposed to crash left or right? Do you know that his role might be to keep the QB in the pocket for the pass rush to come? No you don't. You'll be kidding yourself if you say you did. Nobody knows what he is told to do every play. Think it's a coincidence Thomas Davis was starting to have his best year playing on Peppers side? Pep sure does get alot of praise from his teammates as well as other teams teammates and front offices for someone that "takes plays off". And if you count the games where his hand was broken as "taking plays/games off" too, you're stuipid as hell.

1 person likes this

I could be wrong KK, but I believe Peppers gets to ad-lib on most plays.