Photo
- - - - -

Player Of the Decade? (00-09)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is the NBA Player Of The Decade (00-09) (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the NBA Player Of The Decade (00-09)

1. Allen Iverson (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Shaquille O'Neal (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. Kobe Bryant (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

4. Tim Duncan (8 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

5. Jason Kidd (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Kevin Garnett (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Steve Nash (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:44 PM

Who is your choice for NBA Player Of The Decade? The fans voted for Kobe. I disagree of course. I vote Shaquille O'Neal. 4 rings, 1 MVP, 3 Finals MVPs, helped 2 franchises win NBA titles. One of those being an "expansion" franchise. 9 playoff appearances in the decade. Shaquille is the last player (2000) to lead the league in scoring and win an NBA title in the same season. One of the most dominant big men of all time, Shaq's impact on the decade was the biggest.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

I would have voted for O'Neal, but by the time the 2000's came around he was already up towards 30 years old and only had a few dominant years in the tank.

I went for Tim Duncan. I think he'll go down as one of the most under appreciated talents of our generation. He's not loud with his game and he's really quiet and goes about his business. His defense is as good if not better than his offense and he's a winner.

4 times a champion without ever having an elite scoring guard to take the pressure away. Tony Parker is a great player but he's mostly a compliment.

3 times a finals MVP.

2 times league MVP.

12 times all defensive NBA team.

#3 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

You make a good case for Duncan. His 10 playoff appearances top Shaq & Kobe's 9 for the most of the decade.

Posted Image

#4 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:51 PM

I also voted Tim Duncan. He's always been about the team.

#5 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

The Big Fundamental

#6 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:00 AM

Kobe Bryant of course. No one this decade brought the talent and skill that Kobe did. He entered this decade winning championships and left this decade doing the same thing.

I disagree with LeBron being 2nd. Are you serious people? Timmy and Shaq are both tied for 2nd.

#7 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:18 AM

Yea, I went with Timmy.

#8 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:46 AM

I would have voted for O'Neal, but by the time the 2000's came around he was already up towards 30 years old and only had a few dominant years in the tank.

I went for Tim Duncan. I think he'll go down as one of the most under appreciated talents of our generation. He's not loud with his game and he's really quiet and goes about his business. His defense is as good if not better than his offense and he's a winner.

4 times a champion without ever having an elite scoring guard to take the pressure away. Tony Parker is a great player but he's mostly a compliment.

3 times a finals MVP.

2 times league MVP.

12 times all defensive NBA team.

I agree completely. I have always thought this about Tim. I love his game. He isn't flamboyant, he doesn't have puppet commercials, he isn't getting in troubles or any of that, etc. but Duncan is as consistent as they come. They built that team around him for the last 10 years. Find me a more classy guy on and off the court. In a league that gets a bad rap for "thugs and troublemakers" Duncan has never been in that group. His numbers also do not lie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users