Photo
- - - - -

Freedom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#109 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

Haiti? Communist? Never heard that one before. :lol:

Of course Haiti is not commuist. My point was at least there was a culture there of getting something done no matter what is going on.

#110 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Of course Haiti is not commuist. My point was at least there was a culture there of getting something done no matter what is going on.

What do you mean by culture of getting something done no matter what is going on?

#111 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

Culture? I'd call it human nature...

I think we can setup a system that keeps the same general order we have now (deterring crime, etc.) without having to elect "leaders" to act on our behalf in shady situations we have no business acting on in the first place...

#112 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

If you don't think you are free in America than I'm not going to waste another momento trying to convince you. I think the self loathers and the quasi anti cap crowd are more spoiled, entitled, great access to education, yet more aloof to the needy.

I'm glad somebody said it.

:hurray:

#113 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

Here is the way. It took a guy being honest enough to step away from CONgress and say this.

newly retiring Sen. Evan Bayh declared the American political system "dysfunctional," riddled with "brain-dead partisanship" and permanent campaigning. Flatly denying any possibility that he'd seek the presidency or any other higher office

Bayh argued that the American people needed to deliver a "shock" to Congress by voting incumbents out in mass and replacing them with people interested in reforming the process and governing for the good of the people, rather than deep-pocketed special-interest groups.

http://news.yahoo.co...ws/ynews_ts1134

#114 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

Culture? I'd call it human nature...

I think we can setup a system that keeps the same general order we have now (deterring crime, etc.) without having to elect "leaders" to act on our behalf in shady situations we have no business acting on in the first place...

Ever order fast food? How is it organized? Why is organized? You have to have some order WITHIN the liberty we have.

Gotta have leaders man. From little league baseball to running the whole show. Consensus is NOT leadership.

#115 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

That's part of my problem though... I don't believe there are enough neutral parties in the matter (those that we supposedly could elect)... and the truly neutral ones that do get elected are just as soon corrupted as they get into office...

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."