Photo
- - - - -

Freedom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#106 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

i would ask you why you think the USSR failed but I know I'd be horrified at why you think it happened.

Because the Poles refused to embrace an atheist ideology.

#107 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:37 PM

If you can find a shred of empathy for a sliver of communism, you are hands down an obese buffon. In the allergory sense.
Some other things to consider about Russia. Much like some domestic violence and someone sticking around the relationship, it's familar and therefore less scary than the unknown. Dumb yes. But that's people at times.

If you don't think you are free in America than I'm not going to waste another momento trying to convince you. I think the self loathers and the quasi anti cap crowd are more spoiled, entitled, great access to education, yet more aloof to the needy.
I will have to find the Op Ed piece from the NY Times from a year or so ago about how capitalism help bring so many desolate places out of the dregs.
How can communism even compete against that? I have said it a million times. On paper communism looks great and cuddly and it has a dark chocolate coating with rich creamy nuget on the inside. Its for moronic jackasses who don't have the drive or the balls to think for themselves or take chances or better thier surroundings and neighbors by bettering themselves.

So are the people of Russia doing better now than say 10, 20, 30 years ago? I will ask a few Russians I know and see what they think. I kinda have a hunch but I will ask anyways.
You simply can not mandate or placate someones innate human desire and ambition because you think they should be like everyone else.
Haiti is a great example. Earthquake hits and there is panic and devastation. So now other countries that are better off come to their aid(rightfully so, also note the communist countries response to help their brothers). While there are supplies coming in and you got the media and what have you what else is going on?
You got some Hatians that are taking what they have and for a small charge, are either letting some folks use a cell phone or charge a cell phone. Some are doing the same for supplies. Some are bartering. A culture that is dependant solely on the state would sit there and wait for their comrades to show up and tell them what to do or wait out of fear of repercussions because bartering or selling some goods may be illegal.
It doesn't help that Haiti's govt so was so corrupt it made Chicago or New Orleans blush.
I have zero shred of desire for communism. Again, on paper, like your fav sports team, looks great. But when the lights come on and the seats are full, it's put up or shut up and I normally don't hear from communism.

#108 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

Haiti? Communist? Never heard that one before. :lol:

#109 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

Haiti? Communist? Never heard that one before. :lol:

Of course Haiti is not commuist. My point was at least there was a culture there of getting something done no matter what is going on.

#110 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Of course Haiti is not commuist. My point was at least there was a culture there of getting something done no matter what is going on.

What do you mean by culture of getting something done no matter what is going on?

#111 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

Culture? I'd call it human nature...

I think we can setup a system that keeps the same general order we have now (deterring crime, etc.) without having to elect "leaders" to act on our behalf in shady situations we have no business acting on in the first place...

#112 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

If you don't think you are free in America than I'm not going to waste another momento trying to convince you. I think the self loathers and the quasi anti cap crowd are more spoiled, entitled, great access to education, yet more aloof to the needy.

I'm glad somebody said it.

:hurray:

#113 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

Here is the way. It took a guy being honest enough to step away from CONgress and say this.

newly retiring Sen. Evan Bayh declared the American political system "dysfunctional," riddled with "brain-dead partisanship" and permanent campaigning. Flatly denying any possibility that he'd seek the presidency or any other higher office

Bayh argued that the American people needed to deliver a "shock" to Congress by voting incumbents out in mass and replacing them with people interested in reforming the process and governing for the good of the people, rather than deep-pocketed special-interest groups.

http://news.yahoo.co...ws/ynews_ts1134

#114 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

Culture? I'd call it human nature...

I think we can setup a system that keeps the same general order we have now (deterring crime, etc.) without having to elect "leaders" to act on our behalf in shady situations we have no business acting on in the first place...

Ever order fast food? How is it organized? Why is organized? You have to have some order WITHIN the liberty we have.

Gotta have leaders man. From little league baseball to running the whole show. Consensus is NOT leadership.

#115 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

That's part of my problem though... I don't believe there are enough neutral parties in the matter (those that we supposedly could elect)... and the truly neutral ones that do get elected are just as soon corrupted as they get into office...

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."