219 replies to this topic

#211 George Shinnsplints

George Shinnsplints

Franchise Destroyer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

Minnesota is our most likely opponent though, since all they have to do is win to be playing us. Atlanta or Arizona have to win AND have Minnesota lose. So I think scalpers are not going to be wise to wait around on this one.

#212 SteveSmith_for_Prez

SteveSmith_for_Prez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

http://www.charlotte...ory/447524.html

i don't see any playoff tickets going for face value unless it's somebody you are related to or are friends with. apparently everybody is this area's not hurting as bad as they are putting on. or they are just hell bent, like me, on going to the game.

#213 holyfield

holyfield

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

i don't see any playoff tickets going for face value unless it's somebody you are related to or are friends with. apparently everybody is this area's not hurting as bad as they are putting on. or they are just hell bent, like me, on going to the game.

after reading that and looking around today, i don't feel so bad about the price i paid. after the ticketmaster fiasco, i went home and got on stub hub immediately, looking for upper level between the 10s.

In sec 517, I paid $140 for the 24th row
as of right now, the price ranges for the same section -
Panthers ticket exchange: $228 - $402
Stub Hub: $174 - $299
Ticketsnow: $177 - $241
(the above in itself is weird to me - isn't ticket exchange endorsed by the team because it does not allow scalping? looks like the highest prices to me)

#214 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

2 for 2800$,this is a big game but it aint the superbowl!:icon_bs: Let me add in sec 516,also.

You said PSL'S 2 @ 2800 a piece. :lol:

#215 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

after reading that and looking around today, i don't feel so bad about the price i paid. after the ticketmaster fiasco, i went home and got on stub hub immediately, looking for upper level between the 10s.

In sec 517, I paid $140 for the 24th row
as of right now, the price ranges for the same section -
Panthers ticket exchange: $228 - $402
Stub Hub: $174 - $299
Ticketsnow: $177 - $241
(the above in itself is weird to me - isn't ticket exchange endorsed by the team because it does not allow scalping? looks like the highest prices to me)

There's no restrictions on scalping on the internet. The team is facilitating it, in actuality.

#216 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

You'd be amazed at how many e-mails and flyers PSL owners get reminding them they can put neither tickets up on ticketexchange. They get a little piece of that pie.

#217 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:33 AM

This is true. There was a good piece about thison Real Sports on HBO. Lets the Panthers know what the market will bear for their tickets.

There's no restrictions on scalping on the internet. The team is facilitating it, in actuality.

#218 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,087 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

I purchased season tickets from a PSL owner this year.....from SeatsAndSuites.com for face value. I had never met him before and have not talked to him all season. I called him up and asked if he was willing to sell the playoff tix. He just sold them to me for face value.

Could not believe he did not try and mark them up.

#219 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

That's great for you. One year there was a great couple who purchased the season tickets from a PSL owner around me who always scalps her tickets. They paid over face for them for the season and hoped they would get the playoff tickets as well. Were willing to pay over face for them as well. During that game, some people I'd never seen sat in those seats. It made me sad.

#220 PackCat

PackCat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

We went to maixim tickets and paid $285 ea for sec 119 row 14. We bought them on Dec. 21.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.