13 replies to this topic

#1 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

I screwed up and booked both nights Sat and Sun for the playoff game. I stupidly thought they would allow me to drop the night I did not need, when the date was finalised. I booked well in advance of the Panthers even making the playoffs to insure I would have one of the fine rooms of Doubletree that are only a short stager from BOA. This is not standard policy with the hotel industry. My own ignorance allowed me to make this terrible mistake. Thanks to the nice lady that is in charge of the reservations she allowed me to drop the Sunday night reservation for a small nominal increase in rate. Thanks Doubletree! GO PANTHERS!

#2 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

I really enjoy staying there. You can stare at BOA while you are going to sleep if you get an upper floor with even numbers.

#3 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

hahaha - imaginary rep for you

#4 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

I must add that ALL Charlotte's hospitallity industry is second to none! (Even the Police, of cource I've never been arrested there but probably should have been. ) I can't wait until the Nascar Hall of Fame opens. I hope everyone saw the Pics of it I posted in the Nascar section. It is at least 25 stories.

#5 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

hahaha - imaginary rep for you

I hope you mean neg rep...

#6 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Well I forgive you for calling me an idiot anyway. :)

#7 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Well, I call it like I see it. :)

#8 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Actually no - I thought it was a funny parody of his own thread.

#9 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

He isn't smart enough to make a parody, though. It's his idea of backtracking.

#10 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

I actually know him from boards from back 7 and 8 years ago. He's alright. We all have our message board moments.

#11 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

I screwed up and booked both nights Sat and Sun for the playoff game. I stupidly thought they would allow me to drop the night I did not need, when the date was finalised. I booked well in advance of the Panthers even making the playoffs to insure I would have one of the fine rooms of Doubletree that are only a short stager from BOA. This is not standard policy with the hotel industry. My own ignorance allowed me to make this terrible mistake. Thanks to the nice lady that is in charge of the reservations she allowed me to drop the Sunday night reservation for a small nominal increase in rate. Thanks Doubletree! GO PANTHERS!

I actually know him from boards from back 7 and 8 years ago. He's alright. We all have our message board moments.

As was pointed out to him multiple times last night, this IS standard hotel industry policy yet he cannot understand this.

#12 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

yeah - I know - think think I was actually the first one to point out that it was his error and not the hotel's. I just didn't get bent out of shape over it.

#13 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

yeah - I know - think think I was actually the first one to point out that it was his error and not the hotel's. I just didn't get bent out of shape over it.

He still seems to think that it is only a Hilton chain or Doubletree policy as evidenced by this thread.

#14 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

As was pointed out to him multiple times last night, this IS standard hotel industry policy yet he cannot understand this.

I've seen this before. ( I have a wife and three daughters.) It will pass in a few days. And she will forgive me.

Edited by Speed, 01 January 2009 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.