Photo
- - - - -

I hope what happened today puts to rest the questioning of our fan commitment...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

The so called "hard core" fans of Minny and AZ have yet to sell out their home playoff games.... Neither of these teams have been to the playoffs in a while and yet the places still have plenty of tix.... Economy or not, the panthers remaining tickets sold out in MINUTES to people from NC/SC.... Give yourself a hand and the next time people question the fan base then this could serve as a nice reminder

http://msn.foxsports...ickets?MSNHPHMA

#2 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,038 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Has anyone ever called Arizona fans hardcore?

#3 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

Has anyone ever called Arizona fans hardcore?

when your team has not hosted a playoff game in ages and you have a new stadium and can't sell out.... then it is pathetic.... same goes to Minny

#4 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

The so called "hard core" fans of Minny and AZ have yet to sell out their home playoff games.... Neither of these teams have been to the playoffs in a while and yet the places still have plenty of tix.... Economy or not, the panthers remaining tickets sold out in MINUTES to people from NC/SC.... Give yourself a hand and the next time people question the fan base then this could serve as a nice reminder

Maybe Charlotte has more bandwagon jumpers?

#5 goncrazi

goncrazi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

To be fair...

The Panthers were selling only about 10% of what Arizona and Minnesota were trying to sell. PSL owners have the rest.

#6 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

call it whatever you like.... I call it as a sold out game

#7 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

when your team has not hosted a playoff game in ages and you have a new stadium and can't sell out.... then it is pathetic.... same goes to Minny

really?

really?

your going to fault people for not paying double ticket price to go watch their team get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs? there is about a 10% chance that any of the home teams this week, save for Miami, will actually win.

:D sucks to be Cards and Vikings fans

#8 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

really?

really?

your going to fault people for not paying double ticket price to go watch their team get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs? there is about a 10% chance that any of the home teams this week, save for Miami, will actually win.

Lol..

double? I doubt that.... AZ's last home playoff game was in 1998, if you can't sell that out and your last home playoff game was 11 years then that is pathetic

#9 ProfessorPeppers

ProfessorPeppers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

Be that as it may, does it matter as long as BOA stadium is packed with black and blue come the 10th?

#10 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

people can say whatever they want about our fans...
they can say we are cheese & crackers fans, quiet, not intense, bandwagon... etc.

but we will sell a game out... Go Panthers... frickle fans and all

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,965 posts

really?

really?

:D sucks to be Cards and Vikings fans

Miami? You are kidding, right? Miami will get slaughtered this week-end. Their schedule was pathetic this season.

#12 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

i think san diego could be the only home team to win. they've been hot the past few games, and sproles is getting more chances.

visitors win in the other three.

#13 TheJza

TheJza

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

Speaking of tickets. For those of us with PSLs, and have paid...when should we get our tix????

#14 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

Be that as it may, does it matter as long as BOA stadium is packed with black and blue come the 10th?

Yeah, I want to see a full house for the playoff game(s)....but when you know that BoA was 99.9% full for the season (according to attendance records), selling out a playoff game really isn't a huge achievement.

Minny was below us in attendance percentage but Arizona was above us (and over 100% full) so it's really odd that they can't sell out.....Minnesota on the other hand, they should sell out but it's not too shocking if they don't. Their diehards will be there no doubt, they're just not getting the casual or bandwagon fan. Don't know if I can blame them, I don't think I'd pay a heap of money to go watch them get beat. They're a pretty boring team to watch.

#15 njpanther

njpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

Speaking of tickets. For those of us with PSLs, and have paid...when should we get our tix????

some people got theirs yesterday. I didn't get mine yet

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com