Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn you family guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuy

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't personally care for Palin but one of the things she has always stood for and promised was to bring attention to and stand up for was insensitivity toward the disabled and I commend her for at least following through. I am also someone that can't stand when someone always seems to get offended by the most trivial things.

I find it funny how there almost seems to be more people that are offended by her standing up against this stuff (and her actual existance) than the actual demeaning way handicap kids are made fun of throughout their life.

"I am offended that she is offended!!!! How dare she be so offended!" ....... Brilliant.

1 person likes this

Posted

She has a right to be offended by this just as they have the right to make the joke. Palin gets to galvanize her base just as Family Guy gets publicity for its show.

Posted

I wonder who got a bigger boner over the joke. The Palin haters or the Palin lovers?

Posted

America can't take a joke anymore. Sad. PC is truly shitty.

1 person likes this

Posted

I never saw her as an advocate for the disabled, more of a politician who pimps out her retarded child for attention, sympathy, votes, whatever. She's made idiotic statement after idiotic statement, yet always feels comfortable playing the victim when called out on it. She's one of the main reasons I didn't vote for McCain.

1 person likes this

Posted

I find it funny how there almost seems to be more people that are offended by her standing up against this stuff (and her actual existance) than the actual demeaning way handicap kids are made fun of throughout their life.

i think the point of people talking about it is that she doesn't get offended when her political friends say the word. she defended Limbaugh for saying it just a week or so ago. she only gets offended when it's convenient for her politically.

Posted

I never saw her as an advocate for the disabled, more of a politician who pimps out her retarded child for attention, sympathy, votes, whatever. She's made idiotic statement after idiotic statement, yet always feels comfortable playing the victim when called out on it. She's one of the main reasons I didn't vote for McCain.

How does she pimp her special needs child? I want a crystal clear one for my misnomer scrapbook.

Posted

I hadn't seen this until now.

She also recently blasted Rahm Emanuel for using the word "retard" in a closed door meeting with liberal activists -- even calling for him to be fired -- yet did not seem to take offense at fellow conservative personality Rush Limbaugh, who used the same term.

On his program, Rush said: "Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards ... I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks."

Sarah says Rush was "using satire" so he could bring to light what Rahm was calling other people.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/02/84138/

Posted

So this is similar to the New Yorker cartoon about Obama that got all confusing?

Posted

No idea what that is. But Palin is definitely talking out of both sides of her mouth, and you can certainly argue she is making a bigger issue of this than it needs to be for her own purposes.

Posted

She is. She's a pimp of the very worst kind.

Posted

Isn't it both sides though? Family Guy doesn't do this scene, no hear from Palin. Tina Fey doesn't do a send up of Palin, no..umm...Palin.

I crack up at angst/love for her. It seems her detractors and fans have a miscontrued view of her. Which makes this even more wacky.

I fell like Mr.Roper watching this. Not sure what to make of it. Yes. I said Mr.Roper