Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ballantyne wants to keep out mixed-income housing. Thoughts?

330 posts in this topic

Posted

I wanted a journalist to title a story on chickens in Ballantyne as "Cocks Live in Ballantyne", he didn't.

Posted

Seems like a bad idea to me putting low income housing right next to nice neighborhoods in the first place. Unless you are going to double the police force patrolling the nice neighborhood. I had my car broken into twice when I lived in Charlotte, and I was in Dilworth. My apartments got hit like 10-15 times. Was within walking distance of Moosehead's and Selwyn Pub.

Friend of mine had her truck stolen right out of her driveway. She lived just on the other side of Park Road. It was a crack dealer who lived within a mile of her who just needed transportation for a few days.

I don't think objecting to low income housing being put up next to you makes you a bad person. Or out of touch, either. Your property value goes down for a reason.

Posted

So those who aren't sweating this for Ballantyne and the residents. Why do you live where you currently live now?

Posted

So those who aren't sweating this for Ballantyne and the residents. Why do you live where you currently live now?

Whitopia

Posted

Anything bad that can happen to Ballantyne I'm in favor of.

Why is that?

I live in Ballantyne and I don't understand the seemingly universal hatred for Ballantyne by people that live outside of it.

Posted

My thoughts on this are:

Do I own the land? No. So it's none of my business.

It may have an impact on my own property values but that is just tough luck and I shouldn't be trying to dictate what happens with privately owned land that happens to be adjacent or near to my own.

If it's publicly owned land then I would feel the need to get involved.

No offense, but that's a pretty uninformed opinion, bro.

Posted

why is that?

I live in ballantyne and i don't understand the seemingly universal hatred for ballantyne by people that live outside of it.

walking around in your gucci loafers with no socks

jerks

Posted

walking around in your gucci loafers with no socks

jerks

Well, hell, you simply don't wear socks with goose-skin loafers!

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, hell, you simply don't wear socks with goose-skin loafers!

You and I know that

Posted

It's where my ex moved after she left. Her neighbors were assholes too. And that's in an apartment complex.

Posted

It's where my ex moved after she left. Her neighbors were assholes too. And that's in an apartment complex.

OMGz!!!!!! Asshole neighbors in an apartment complex!?! Whoa! Never heard of that happening before- ONLY IN BALLANTYNE!!

:lol:

Posted

Please go back to sipping your $5000 cognac dimbee and leave us alone.