• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#46 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hayden will only ever be released in training camp. The guy costs as much as a packet of crisps (relative to other contracts of course!).

This move suggests the Panthers are loading up on DTs in case rehab does not go well for Kemo. If Lewis were to be released due t this, then he would have already been released. Kemo's agent even said that it's not certain he will be back when he said, "For a guy who’s 31, it’s a bit of a reckoning. He’s always worked hard, but he knows he has to work that much harder if he wants to get back on the field."

So even if he does make it back, there is no knowing how he will cope. What is more likely is that we release him and monitor him. If he gets back into shape then we can bring him back if none of the other DTs pan out.

As it is, he is the most expendable. He is the most expensive, the borderline oldest and coming off the worst injury.

#47 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:04 PM

I think Lewis is gonna get the boot. 2.6 mill is too much for him imo.

Ok, so why would you get rid of our only expereinced DT who isn't coming off career threatening injury?

Kemo and Lewis cost approximately the same (I am not 100% on that $2.6 Lewis figure). Lewis and Kemo produced on par with each other when healthy. Kemo is only just walking after being out since August. Why, oh why, would you release Lewis.

#48 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

Hayden will only ever be released in training camp. The guy costs as much as a packet of crisps (relative to other contracts of course!).

This move suggests the Panthers are loading up on DTs in case rehab does not go well for Kemo. If Lewis were to be released due t this, then he would have already been released. Kemo's agent even said that it's not certain he will be back when he said, "For a guy who’s 31, it’s a bit of a reckoning. He’s always worked hard, but he knows he has to work that much harder if he wants to get back on the field."

So even if he does make it back, there is no knowing how he will cope. What is more likely is that we release him and monitor him. If he gets back into shape then we can bring him back if none of the other DTs pan out.

As it is, he is the most expendable. He is the most expensive, the borderline oldest and coming off the worst injury.

I read recently he was needing another surgery somewhat like a skin graft because while the tendon has healed, the skin covering it was not healing well. After 6 months and it is still an open wound? Sounds pretty bad.

#49 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

Ok, so why would you get rid of our only expereinced DT who isn't coming off career threatening injury?

Kemo and Lewis cost approximately the same (I am not 100% on that $2.6 Lewis figure). Lewis and Kemo produced on par with each other when healthy. Kemo is only just walking after being out since August. Why, oh why, would you release Lewis.

I'm not saying I would release him I'm just thinking he will get released. If he's not due 2.6 million than chances are he'll stay I just have the feeling the FO are gonna try to be as tight as they can be this off-season. I think the big money is gonna be spent on de & wr. I could be wrong I'm just thinking out loud.

#50 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

can we please get rid of some of the other DTs now?

#51 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

Cool

#52 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,063 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

Tank could end up being better than Lewis has ever been. Wouldnt surprise me if both Lewis and Kemo are gone by regular season.

#53 Carolina Crazy V2

Carolina Crazy V2

!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

i don't think this means we're cutting kemo or lewis, just that hayden is on his way out.

YES!!!!! Get rid of HAYDENNN!!!

#54 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Because he is not that good:D

#55 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

Damione Lewis is the Nail Diggs of the D-Line. All he does is come to work and do his job and everyone always wants to cut him.

#56 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

Damione Lewis is the Nail Diggs of the D-Line. All he does is come to work and do his job and everyone always wants to cut him.

Diggs is at least versatile..D.Lewis is not

#57 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

I don't get everyone's logic that Lewis isn't good as a starter because if I remember last year, it was our dline who was constantly getting pressure and that included Lewis

Just because he doesn't get every single sack on every single down doesn't mean he sucks

#58 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

Diggs is at least versatile..D.Lewis is not

Not sure how Diggs is versatile. He plays SLB and does well there. D-Lew plays UT and does well there. We don't ask Jon Beason to play safety, we just ask him to play MLB and do work. "Versatility" isn't really a huge factor.

#59 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

Not sure how Diggs is versatile. He plays SLB and does well there. D-Lew plays UT and does well there. We don't ask Jon Beason to play safety, we just ask him to play MLB and do work. "Versatility" isn't really a huge factor.

I think Versatility is a something good to have when your nothing but solid at your job..and not getting any younger.

#60 GoreMetalJunkie

GoreMetalJunkie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

it's much easier and more common to be versatile player as a linebacker than a defensive tackle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com