Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

Would you make this trade?

56 posts in this topic

The Moore vs Orton thing is interesting. Moore has more upside, but he is also unproven.

Marshall just brings too much baggage and continued off the field issues. I agree that talent wise and age wise, it might be something to think about.

Due to the baggage, I would have to say NO.

What's funny is that fans of every other team in the League look at Steve Smith and think he comes with more baggage than anyone else in the League. If our team trades for TO, we get some buffoon who complains when he doesn't get the ball enough. If they trade for Steve Smith, we'll have fights in the wide receiver film room.

Matt Moore and Steve Smith to Denver for Orton and Brandon Marshall.

76%20No%20Way%20Out.jpg

1 person likes this

No sorry.

I won't bother with a cerebral response. My heart says no and the question stops there.

matt moore and steve smith to denver for orton and brandon marshall.

wtf

No. Smitty stays for as long as he can still play. I say, with the cap space left from Peppers ducking out of dodge, I'd say get a proven talent like Steve Breaston. I was campaigning for them to snag Anquan Boldin rather than tag Peppers, last offseason. That would have been domination. Smitty AND Boldin on the field AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME SIDE. *Fantasizes about how dominating they would be together.* Smitty in the slot like he wants, and Boldin out there snagging Moore TD's all over the damn place. OMG, tag Peppers NOW and trade him for Boldin. DO IT NOOOOOOWWWW!!!

Not to hijack and turn this into a CJ vs BM thread, but you should also consider that Megatron is faster than BM. Tron has Smitty-esque speed.

Nope.

I like Moore and think he can be better than Orton is, and will ever be.

hell no

No, but I'd trade Moore for Orton. I think Orton is the kind of QB who would thrive in our current offense.

I agreed at first, but then I thought about it... I wouldn't want to be the team who gave away the future equivalent as Tom Brady for an average QB. If he ever does that good, that is. But I wouldn't want to risk it either way.

Smith for Marshall you could justify, especially given their respective ages. I don't really know that I'd make the trade, but you could craft a decent argument for it.

Moore for Orton, though? That part of it I have a hard time buying into. Orton is, and likely always will be, a pure game manager (probably better suited in his skill set to a WCO). If Moore continues to improve like he did through the last five weeks of the 09 season, we could really have something.

Yes, he could also tank, but it's all a gamble on some level anyway.

1 person likes this

Marshall is what Calvin Johnson was expected to be.

huh? what are you?

I'm gonna love bringing this thread back up a year from now. :)