119 replies to this topic

#16 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

Oh so you're backup had a string of pretty good games when no teams had any real film on him and all of the sudden he's your savoir? HIGH-LARIOUS.

Oh so you're saying the only reason we won with him is because teams didn't have any film on him? HIGH-LARIOUS.

Really if any team uses that as an excuse, that's sad.

#17 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

i dont think Matt Ryan is as bad as you all say. so far he isn't going to the HOF despite what foulcunt fans say, but as we all know Falcon fans have the IQ of a rhodesiensis.

Matt Moore's first 8 starts have been FAR more impressive than Ryan's though.

#18 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,301 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

Oh so you're backup had a string of pretty good games when no teams had any real film on him and all of the sudden he's your savoir? HIGH-LARIOUS.

I didn't say that he was our "savoir" pooheel, just that he's capable of throwing for 3000ish yards and a 1.5:1 TD/INT ratio, just like number three overall pick, $34.7 million guaranteed Matt Ryan. Or do you think that's unreasonable and that once there's film on him he'll turn into a basket case interception machine like Delhomme?

Edited by london67, 20 February 2010 - 09:36 PM.

#19 DemBirdsTheyBeDirty

DemBirdsTheyBeDirty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

Guess what, fellas, Matt Moore got to sit on the bench for 2 years before seeing any real NFL playing time. Matt Ryan's first pass was a Touchdown. ...his ROOKIE season. Matt Ryan will be going into his third year this season, just like Moore did LAST season. I'd take Matt Ryan's progression over Matt Moore's any day of the week.

And you all would too.

#20 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,395 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:00 AM

Matt Ryan's "progression" consists of him getting worse as time goes on.

#21 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:04 AM

oh god, here we go again, a falcon fan masturbating over the fact that Matt Ryans first regular season throw was a TD pass against the mighty 0-16 Lions.

Michael Bishop's first throw was a TD pass in his rookie season. Never heard of him? BUT BUT HIS FIRST PASS WAS A TD THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

#22 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,495 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:57 AM

oh god, here we go again, a falcon fan masturbating over the fact that Matt Ryans first regular season throw was a TD pass against the mighty 0-16 Lions.

Michael Bishop's first throw was a TD pass in his rookie season. Never heard of him? BUT BUT HIS FIRST PASS WAS A TD THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

this, my friends, is what we call "putting things into perspective"

#23 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:16 AM

Quoting for truth.

Also, when was the last time Matt Ryan had back to back 3 TD, No ints games? Hell when was the last time Matt Ryan had a 3 TDF, No int game period?

Oh, well there was the Buffalo game, but this was Buffalo and they had absolutely nothing to play for.

Also, when did Ryan had 4 game streak with no interceptions? Don't think he has.

By no means am I say Matt Ryan is awful, but as someone stated earlier, he's mediocre, and not saying Matt Moore his god, but he's showed a lot of progress so far, and there's still room to improve.

If it's any consolation, unless the Bucs sign Bryant again, and get another WR across from him, I think that Matt Ryan might be the third best in the NFC South.

Edited by Rags, 21 February 2010 - 07:35 AM.

#24 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:55 AM

lol I remember Falcon fans vehemently arguing that he was/should have been a serious contender for league MVP in his rookie year.

lol ...I remember that same year Panther fans vehemently arguing that Jake was going to be the MVP. You have probably forgotten that though.

#25 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,301 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

lol ...I remember that same year Panther fans vehemently arguing that Jake was going to be the MVP. You have probably forgotten that though.

Yeah I highly doubt that actually happened almost fanbase-wide like it did with the Falcons that year, but let me be the first to say that those people, should/did they exist, are/were fuging retards.

You are right in that I don't remember that happening, however. I think it's because it either didn't happen or was very isolated, but if you can find threads about it or something then I'd change my mind.

Edited by london67, 21 February 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#26 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:40 AM

JD17 does not speak for our entire fanbase.

#27 theDIRTYcode

theDIRTYcode

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:31 PM

discuss

That there is no way in hell this happens. Josh Freeman throws 10 TDs, and 18 picks and he's some athletic god. I don't give a damn if he's 7'5 350lbs and can throw through a brick wall. He wasn't impressive at Kansas State in the lackluster big 12 and he's not been impressive at Tampa Bay either.

Matt Moore may prove to be a very capable QB but it's gonna take more than 5 games(according to NFL.com) to prove that.

Ryan's only problem is interceptions. But until he goes all Brett Favre on us I think we can live with it. Like it or not he IS the second best QB in this division until proven otherwise. Year 3 for him will be very telling.

#28 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

It's pretty naive to judge Ryan right now. But he definitely has not proven to be a god send and I am definitely not scared of him.

#29 Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*

Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

if you really think that backup Matt Moore or Josh Freeman is better than Matt Ryan you should grab 10 bucks and go to nearest street corner to get your fix of crack....wow

#30 DemBirdsTheyBeDirty

DemBirdsTheyBeDirty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

And still you all avoid the fact that Matt Moore sat and learned for 2 and a half seasons and Matt Ryan was thrown into the fire immediately.

And when Matt Ryan threw that TD against the Lions, they were 4-0! ...in the preseason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com