Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

Those clever Dutch and their gold medals.

42 posts in this topic

In all honesty that sucks...coach made a mistake. If he were from Columbia or something he would be dead by now...

You will never doubt the majesty of American arrogance and our great network again, will you?!!!!!!!

//continues to laugh at Eurotrash

///books package vacation to Paris

karma is always pretty accurate. His coach did blow it and I wonder if he said to his coach "are you stupid?"

So if you aren't familiar with how local American reporters operate is losing a gold medal that you've worked your entire life for.

Schadenfreude indeed.

Y'all are dicks.

Calling an old lady stupid is hardly a world class move. It wasn't a local lady either. She works for the network and it's her job to ensure, out of respect to even the great Sven, that his name is prounounced correctly and spelled correctly. If your cranium can't absorb that I hope you never get lost at the Zoo.

Was that the first thing they asked Michael Phelps to say when he won gold? If so, I concede.

She only did it cause she didn't do her homework. If she was so concerned, she should have said it herself.

Might be hard to find a vid with someone standing next to the pool while holding a microphone that is plugged into an outlet. Or even a wireless mic.

There is some vids of a press conf where a huge name placard is in front of his name on the table.

I will see what I can come up with.

Maybe if the Dutch had regular names like Michael or Bodie this wouldn't be an issue.

Was that the first thing they asked Michael Phelps to say when he won gold? If so, I concede.

She only did it cause she didn't do her homework. If she was so concerned, she should have said it herself.

She didn't do her homework? Really?

So you are saying that on one day's notice she should have known (by sight, mind you), not only every athlete in ever heat of every event on that day (probably about 30-40 people), but how to correclty spell and pronounce their name? If you expect that any journalist from any other country (not just the ignorant, xenophobic, self-entitled, superior, self-agrandizing, capitalist, imperialist, evil Galactic Empire USA) is doing that, then I concede, because you're not worth arguing with.

And FYI, I would ask Michael Phelps to spell his name. If for no other reason than to get good audio. You always want to get a baseline volume for your cameraman so that he doesn't have to fudge with it when you start asking real questions, and asking to say and spell a name is the fastest, and most natural way to do that.

1 person likes this

No. I'm saying she should at least know the top three.

If she can't, let her cover the State track meet if she's that Bush League.

Well that still doesn't excuse the guys ridiculous attitude. I sense he has a little animosity for the US, and this was just his sounding board to try to paint Americans as ignorant when really this is pretty standard.

If it weren't for Doutzen Kroes, I'd say without hesitation, "Fug the Dutch and their wooden shoes!"

doutzen-kroes-2009-victorias-secret-swim-collection-2.jpg