Photo
- - - - -

Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll; greeted by cascading boos

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#37 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

Ron Paul wants to pardon all non violent drug offenders, which would obviously help black america more than anything Obama has said, let alone done.

...is not the same as:

the numbers are ridiculous when you look at the conviction/jail rate between black and white folks for the same drug charges.

...in that rodeo backed his statement up in a fact... White conviction rate is far less than black conviction rate for the same crime...

Nick007VH's statement semi-cleverly paired the correlation "drug offenders" and "black america"... while clearly not acknowledging the fact that "white america" has drug offenders too...

He also used the opportunity to somehow make a jab at Obama, when the validity of what Paul says he will do is about equal to what Obama said he would or will do... Saying you'll do something and actually doing it are things in the political world that rarely happen...

What is the purpose of even making the statement ol' Nick made if he wasn't basically saying, in so many words, that black people would benefit more from slack drug laws?

How about ALL AMERICANS would benefit from lesser penalties for nonviolent offenders?

Now that is a platform that could start earning my vote...

I brought up the race card because it obviously came from the candidate a lot of people here love, myself included for the most part, no matter how he wants to sweep it under the rug... It is a very valid reason some people may choose to NOT vote for him over, and I would totally agree with their reasoning... He also has some pretty extreme views that he would never act on, out of his own accord, or by the persons' that really pull the strings...

#38 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

It ridiculous that the so-called "Republicans" have a guy with a unique and strong economic principles then is completely shunned because he is not in line with the war. All he ever talks about is cutting and reducing spending but for some reason, conservatives think he is some democrat in disguise threatening their way of life. Its pathetic really and hard to follow anymore. It really shows how stupid both the leaders and members of both parties are.

#39 enolagay38

enolagay38

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

Ron Paul is a politician. In my opinion, he is a better breed of politician, but he is still a politician. He has spent many decades among the buzzards of Washington, but his voting record is exemplary. He is old and savvy enough to know that any changes he wants to implement will only be done piecemeal. The mere fact of his election would tell volumes about the voting populace's discontent with the status quo.

#40 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

He is not an isolationist. He believes in non intervention. There is a difference. Also, Rand is like his father, but a bit more conservative to me anyways.

woops

#41 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Provide one valid argument about how Ron Paul is an establishment POS.

This should be entertaining.

Because as a doctor in Texas he did a lot of pro bono work for people in lieu of charging the tax payers with the patients medicaid. :rolleyes:

The man is very unselfish.

#42 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

...is not the same as:

...in that rodeo backed his statement up in a fact... White conviction rate is far less than black conviction rate for the same crime...

Nick007VH's statement semi-cleverly paired the correlation "drug offenders" and "black america"... while clearly not acknowledging the fact that "white america" has drug offenders too...

I would hope it is common knowledge people of all colors have drug offenders. Only someone with a predisposition to finding racism where there is none would look at it that way.

He also used the opportunity to somehow make a jab at Obama, when the validity of what Paul says he will do is about equal to what Obama said he would or will do... Saying you'll do something and actually doing it are things in the political world that rarely happen...

Hardly, Obama is a youngster compared to Ron Paul, and had always been very vague in the "change" he would bring about (except when he was lying about ending the wars and not using signing statements, etc..). Ron Paul introduces bills for what he believes in, writes books about ending the federal reserve, and is TRUE anti-war. I offered a 10K bet on here during the election that Obama would not get us out of Iraq, is how sure I was that Obama was a total liar about Iraq.

What is the purpose of even making the statement ol' Nick made if he wasn't basically saying, in so many words, that black people would benefit more from slack drug laws?

You were trying to paint Ron Paul as a racist so I showed a concrete action he would take that would help a minority group that is unfairly targeted by our draconian drug laws. Again, I thought it would be common sense.

How about ALL AMERICANS would benefit from lesser penalties for nonviolent offenders?

Or course. Or even better, no more drug laws.

Now that is a platform that could start earning my vote...

That is Ron Paul's platform.

I brought up the race card because it obviously came from the candidate a lot of people here love, myself included for the most part, no matter how he wants to sweep it under the rug... It is a very valid reason some people may choose to NOT vote for him over, and I would totally agree with their reasoning...

Again, he didn't say those things, the writing style is not his, and I have met him personally and he hardly seems like an undercover racist.

He also has some pretty extreme views that he would never act on, out of his own accord, or by the persons' that really pull the strings...

No one pulls his strings, and any executive order can undo a previous one.

#43 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

lol okay dude...

You like the guy (as do I for the most part) yet you want to totally dismiss some very shady things he has said... no matter how he claims that it wasn't him... If it wasn't, why not out the guilty party?

...and if you think the POTUS is the top of the chain, I'm sorry, but you're wrong... There are always strings being pulled...

#44 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

...and if you think the POTUS is the top of the chain, I'm sorry, but you're wrong... There are always strings being pulled...

I don't think that the president is the top, at least not since Kennedy. And he only thought he was the top. The differentiating factor is whether or not one wants to fundamentally changed our flawed system. We haven't had a president that did want to fundamentally change things since Kennedy.

#45 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

I don't think that the president is the top, at least not since Kennedy. And he only thought he was the top. The differentiating factor is whether or not one wants to fundamentally changed our flawed system. We haven't had a president that did want to fundamentally change things since Kennedy.

...and what has convinced you that Paul is that savior?

#46 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

...and what has convinced you that Paul is that savior?

No man is our savior but anyone that at least acknowledges that the system as such is fatally flawed is a start. Anyone who professes change yet doesn't address fundamental problems cannot possibly deliver.