Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grace of God

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

He's a very talented fellow that Stew.

Posted · Report post

Awesome

Posted · Report post

And I thought Harris the only musician for the Panthers. :P

I do remeber when he signed on his contract after we drafted him, the Observer did an article about him. It show a pic of him with his mom & another of him with his piano in his new condo in Charlotte. No surprise to see the video of him playing the piano there.

Posted · Report post

The really religious athletes always crack me up. After every win they thank God, after every loss they blame themselves. If you really think God rules over everything shouldn't he take blame for the losses too. Like hey, we had that game won until Jesus made me fumble.

Posted · Report post

The really religious athletes always crack me up. After every win they thank God, after every loss they blame themselves. If you really think God rules over everything shouldn't he take blame for the losses too. Like hey, we had that game won until Jesus made me fumble.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I don't thank God for the win. Most of the religious athletes I know, including myself, thank God for our focus, talent, etc. And even after we lose, we still thank God for allowing us the opportunity in our lives to play a game that so many people don't get to enjoy.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Oh, hey, I've listened to George Carlin's stand-up too!

Posted · Report post

no because that would be determinism, which is at odds with free will... try again

Posted · Report post

Oh, hey, I've listened to George Carlin's stand-up too!

Is that who it was? I thought it was pretty funny anyway.

EDIT: Damn these people are awesome at taking jokes.

Posted · Report post

well i can't speak for everyone, but i don't thank god for the win. Most of the religious athletes i know, including myself, thank god for our focus, talent, etc. And even after we lose, we still thank god for allowing us the opportunity in our lives to play a game that so many people don't get to enjoy.

amem!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Mmm... this might not end nicely.

:boxing_smiley:

Posted · Report post

I hope Stewart does well after his career is over. And by "well" I mean I hope he doesn't blow all of his savings on a failed record label. It's always so sad hearing about great players going broke.