#1 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

http://www.salon.com.../libertarianism

There's a major political fraud underway: the GOP is once again donning their libertarian, limited-government masks in order to re-invent itself and, more important, to co-opt the energy and passion of the Ron-Paul-faction that spawned and sustains the "tea party" movement. The Party that spat contempt at Paul during the Bush years and was diametrically opposed to most of his platform now pretends to share his views. Standard-issue Republicans and Ron Paul libertarians are as incompatible as two factions can be -- recall that the most celebrated right-wing moment of the 2008 presidential campaign was when Rudy Giuliani all but accused Paul of being an America-hating Terrorist-lover for daring to suggest that America's conduct might contribute to Islamic radicalism -- yet the Republicans, aided by the media, are pretending that this is one unified, harmonious, "small government" political movement.

This is what Republicans always do. When in power, they massively expand the power of the state in every realm. Deficit spending and the national debt skyrocket. The National Security State is bloated beyond description through wars and occupations, while no limits are tolerated on the Surveillance State. Then, when out of power, they suddenly pretend to re-discover their "small government principles." The very same Republicans who spent the 1990s vehemently opposing Bill Clinton's Terrorism-justified attempts to expand government surveillance and executive authority then, once in power, presided over the largest expansion in history of those very same powers. The last eight years of Republican rule was characterized by nothing other than endlessly expanded government power, even as they insisted -- both before they were empowered and again now -- that they are the standard-bearers of government restraint.

#2 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

Damn commie nazis!

http://video.aol.com...nazis/138467405

#3 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

good read, thanks

#4 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,713 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

somebody seems to have formulated an essay based on the intellectual property I've amassed and disseminated on this forum. I'll be contacting my lawyer shortly.

#5 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

There's a major political fraud underway: the GOP is once again donning their libertarian, limited-government masks in order to re-invent itself and, more important, to co-opt the energy and passion of the Ron-Paul-faction that spawned and sustains the "tea party" movement.
This is what Republicans always do.

Republicans want to limit government, yet when they gain power, they will once again lose their way and spend, spend, spend. I don't think that it is a fraud, just that their principles become warped once they gain power b/c they want to keep control. The same thing can be said of Dems. What they say and what they wind up doing are two separate things.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

i think the fraud part is how, now that a real small government libertarian movement has formed independent of the republican party, they have co-opted it and taken credit.

#7 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

Republicans want to limit government, yet when they gain power, they will once again lose their way and spend, spend, spend. I don't think that it is a fraud, just that their principles become warped once they gain power b/c they want to keep control. The same thing can be said of Dems. What they say and what they wind up doing are two separate things.

You are on the right path (same path I was on about 6 years ago), and will hopefully realize soon that republicans DON'T want to limit government.

If they don't explicitly say to end the federal reserve and our empire building overseas, and have actions to back up those statements, then they are no different than any scumbag politician preceding them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.