Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

No long-term offer yet for Matt Moore

51 posts in this topic

I don't see why we don't at least give him a 2 or 3 year extension.

That achieves nothing. As if he has a great 2010, he will want a big raise the following year as he will only have a year on his contract. Short term contracts usually end up costing a franchise more for players who 'could' break out. You either get them on a long term rookie deal, or you force them to proove they are worth the big bucks with the RFA tenders.

If you give him a 2 year extension, then you could well be paying him for this year and 2011 which could be a lockout. Which in turn means you might as well ahve saved some money by just tendering him.

The RFA tender is probably the best situation for all involved. Please just accept that.

They will tender him. Really its a smart move if you ask me. If he dose well next year he will get payed. If we use Jake then Fox will be gone and he will get payed.

Moore will be back next season for sure. I think the front office want to see how he play a full season before he is offer a long-term contract. It best to give him that when he play a full season first.

I'm guessing an RFA tender is a one year deal.

So, if we tender him, we can get him for a year, or get a first and another third. Sounds good either way. And cheap, too.

After Moore wins us the SB next season, they will sign him to a long term deal after the lockout.

This sounds good.

We better get his ass under contract. You seriously can't consider letting him go for any reason or plausible compensation.

with the high value put on a QB that can play, who is also still young, i wouldn't even think it's safe to put the highest tender on him

panthers FO should be making a timely effort to lock up moore (and at this point, it probably wouldn't cost a whole lot), but of course they're handling it the way they usually handle things, dormant and lacking any sense of urgency whatsoever.

I've never quite understood any Panthers offseason...and I've pulled for them since the beginning....but Peppers should have already been shown the exit and Moore should have already had a secure job here for many years to come...:rolleyes:

As much as I do not want Delhomme at QB next season. I might be willing to suffer through it for a first round draft pick.

NO WAY!!!! Escpecially since I will be getting my season tickets bill in April. I would be pissed if I knew the attitude was to throw a season away just for a early draft pick.

set the tag on him.

We dont know if Moore is our future yet.

If he plays well, we offer him a fatty contract.

We def want him back...this would be the cheapest franchise tag ever

I would be stunned if anyone in the NFL would give a 2nd round pick for Matt Moore.