• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 Gman was right

Gman was right

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Isn't it obvious? Jake is our guy. You guys need to accept that before you have a mental breakdown when he is labeled the starter in camp.

Thats what I keep telling people too. This news shouldnt come as a surprise at all. The panthers will do everything in their power to make sure jake is the starter and saving face with the fans at the same time. They'll claim its a "competition" and Jake won fair and sqaure. I bet they may even give the receivers money under the table to drop some passes from Moore.

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,737 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

Thats what I keep telling people too. This news shouldnt come as a surprise at all. The panthers will do everything in their power to make sure jake is the starter and saving face with the fans at the same time. They'll claim its a "competition" and Jake won fair and sqaure. I bet they may even give the receivers money under the table to drop some passes from Moore.

well, that is going a tad far but I do believe Jake starts and "wins" a camp battle. All Fox has to do is put Jake in position to have the most success prior to the start of camp and put Moore at a disadvantage.......very easy to do for Fox to "build" his case Jake gives them the best chance to win.

Plus, Fox will always maintain Jake was never benched for Moore to begin with.

#18 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

With 2011 up in the air right now, how do you negotiate a long-term contract with anyone? Outside of our organization, how many long-term contract announcements have you heard yet? No one is moving fast this off season that isn't in emergency mode.

#19 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:24 AM

I don't see why we don't at least give him a 2 or 3 year extension.

#20 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:20 AM

Everyone assumes that Moore wants a long-term contract but it isn't clear if that is the case. He obviously wants to play here but might be fine with the tender. That way he gets time to show his skills and will surely increase his price tag if he has a big year. Right now a long term contract wouldn't be in the 8 to 10 million dollar range- more like 4 or 5 million a year with a 10 million signing bonus. Moore could really inflate that number with a great year.

Might be in his best interest to play under the tender and land a big contract after a complete year of good work.

#21 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

I don't see why we don't at least give him a 2 or 3 year extension.

That achieves nothing. As if he has a great 2010, he will want a big raise the following year as he will only have a year on his contract. Short term contracts usually end up costing a franchise more for players who 'could' break out. You either get them on a long term rookie deal, or you force them to proove they are worth the big bucks with the RFA tenders.

If you give him a 2 year extension, then you could well be paying him for this year and 2011 which could be a lockout. Which in turn means you might as well ahve saved some money by just tendering him.

The RFA tender is probably the best situation for all involved. Please just accept that.

#22 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,648 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

They will tender him. Really its a smart move if you ask me. If he dose well next year he will get payed. If we use Jake then Fox will be gone and he will get payed.

#23 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

Moore will be back next season for sure. I think the front office want to see how he play a full season before he is offer a long-term contract. It best to give him that when he play a full season first.

#24 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

I'm guessing an RFA tender is a one year deal.

So, if we tender him, we can get him for a year, or get a first and another third. Sounds good either way. And cheap, too.

After Moore wins us the SB next season, they will sign him to a long term deal after the lockout.

This sounds good.

#25 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

We better get his ass under contract. You seriously can't consider letting him go for any reason or plausible compensation.

#26 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,164 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

with the high value put on a QB that can play, who is also still young, i wouldn't even think it's safe to put the highest tender on him

panthers FO should be making a timely effort to lock up moore (and at this point, it probably wouldn't cost a whole lot), but of course they're handling it the way they usually handle things, dormant and lacking any sense of urgency whatsoever.

#27 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

I've never quite understood any Panthers offseason...and I've pulled for them since the beginning....but Peppers should have already been shown the exit and Moore should have already had a secure job here for many years to come...:rolleyes:

#28 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

As much as I do not want Delhomme at QB next season. I might be willing to suffer through it for a first round draft pick.

NO WAY!!!! Escpecially since I will be getting my season tickets bill in April. I would be pissed if I knew the attitude was to throw a season away just for a early draft pick.

#29 Nu Guns

Nu Guns

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

set the tag on him.
We dont know if Moore is our future yet.
If he plays well, we offer him a fatty contract.

We def want him back...this would be the cheapest franchise tag ever

#30 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

I would be stunned if anyone in the NFL would give a 2nd round pick for Matt Moore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com