Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was mixed about Muhsin, but this makes me thing we should bring him back...

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

christ look at arizonas receivers

Posted · Report post

panthers have 2nd best (hands) receivers in the league (duo)

Posted · Report post

I have no prob with Moose coming back as long as he is the #3. Oh and has a QB to throw to him.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To me it just depends on who we can get in the draft and free agency. I'd rather bring in several good young WRs to develop around Moore and give those guys the snaps. My ideal depth chart would look something like...

Smitty

Breaston

L.Moore

Tate/Shipley/Gilyard

K.Moore

And possibly fit in an extra roster spot if you can get a guy like Ford or Cooper in the later rounds.

Posted · Report post

i like moose but we need someone who is fast and can stretch the field. moose is a good possesion reciever.

Posted · Report post

Moose would be a great third receiver. They guy nearly had 1,000 yards in 2008 -- and I think it's a little unfair to judge any of our receivers for last year due to the poor quarterback play (prior to Moore starting, of course), not to mention the countless deep routes we designed for our oldest and probably slowest receiver. It certainly wasn't Smith's best year, either.

Moose is one of those guys that is worth keeping around for what he can teach the young guys, and for what he brings to the lockerroom. But the guy is no slouch -- he's still a great possession receiver and one of the best blocking receivers in the league. Most teams would be lucky to have Moose as a third receiver.

Posted · Report post

I think we'll see something like this next year.

Smith

Tate/Benn/Shipley

Moose

Jarrett

Moore

If we can get a guy like Breaston/Moore/Walter in FA we'll probably let go of Moore.

Posted · Report post

the url link says " stats don't lie" but they are misleading- Boldin- Fitz and Breaston catch ALOT of short and underneath stuff. Besides the % has a lot to do with the QBs accuracy as well and Warner is/was very accurate on short/ slants and the like - I'd like to see welker's stats in that category

Posted · Report post

Without a doubt he should be back. Getting rid of him would be a big mistake. Big tall possesion veteran.

Posted · Report post

the url link says " stats don't lie" but they are misleading- Boldin- Fitz and Breaston catch ALOT of short and underneath stuff. Besides the % has a lot to do with the QBs accuracy as well and Warner is/was very accurate on short/ slants and the like - I'd like to see welker's stats in that category

Did you even read the whole article? "Poor passes were taken out of the equation to show only the hands of the receiver". Pay attention please.

Posted · Report post

I'd have Moose back, even if we sign an FA. He's still very servicable, and one of the best WR's in the league at blocking for the run to boot.