Photo
- - - - -

I was mixed about Muhsin, but this makes me thing we should bring him back...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 dat_dude

dat_dude

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

http://stats-dont-li...receptions.html

Only 4 other NFC WRs had a better catch % and Moose even beat Steve Smith.

#2 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

christ look at arizonas receivers

#3 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

panthers have 2nd best (hands) receivers in the league (duo)

#4 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

I have no prob with Moose coming back as long as he is the #3. Oh and has a QB to throw to him.

#5 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,891 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:20 PM

To me it just depends on who we can get in the draft and free agency. I'd rather bring in several good young WRs to develop around Moore and give those guys the snaps. My ideal depth chart would look something like...

Smitty
Breaston
L.Moore
Tate/Shipley/Gilyard
K.Moore

And possibly fit in an extra roster spot if you can get a guy like Ford or Cooper in the later rounds.

#6 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

i like moose but we need someone who is fast and can stretch the field. moose is a good possesion reciever.

#7 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

Moose would be a great third receiver. They guy nearly had 1,000 yards in 2008 -- and I think it's a little unfair to judge any of our receivers for last year due to the poor quarterback play (prior to Moore starting, of course), not to mention the countless deep routes we designed for our oldest and probably slowest receiver. It certainly wasn't Smith's best year, either.

Moose is one of those guys that is worth keeping around for what he can teach the young guys, and for what he brings to the lockerroom. But the guy is no slouch -- he's still a great possession receiver and one of the best blocking receivers in the league. Most teams would be lucky to have Moose as a third receiver.

#8 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:33 PM

I think we'll see something like this next year.

Smith
Tate/Benn/Shipley
Moose
Jarrett
Moore

If we can get a guy like Breaston/Moore/Walter in FA we'll probably let go of Moore.

#9 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

the url link says " stats don't lie" but they are misleading- Boldin- Fitz and Breaston catch ALOT of short and underneath stuff. Besides the % has a lot to do with the QBs accuracy as well and Warner is/was very accurate on short/ slants and the like - I'd like to see welker's stats in that category

Edited by TbTeRRoR, 22 February 2010 - 01:12 PM.
I'd also like to see me use a spell check or something

#10 Tank

Tank

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

Without a doubt he should be back. Getting rid of him would be a big mistake. Big tall possesion veteran.

#11 Nytrogen

Nytrogen

Like a boss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

the url link says " stats don't lie" but they are misleading- Boldin- Fitz and Breaston catch ALOT of short and underneath stuff. Besides the % has a lot to do with the QBs accuracy as well and Warner is/was very accurate on short/ slants and the like - I'd like to see welker's stats in that category

Did you even read the whole article? "Poor passes were taken out of the equation to show only the hands of the receiver". Pay attention please.

#12 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

I'd have Moose back, even if we sign an FA. He's still very servicable, and one of the best WR's in the league at blocking for the run to boot.

#13 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

The stats they cite has nothing to do with the QB besides the amount of receptions. It is comparing receptions to drops.

#14 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

Alot of people are thinking Moose won't be here this season, and I don't know why. Ok yea we do need another speedy fast young wr that can stretch the field, but we dam well wouldn't put him at number 2 when you already have smith out there. Smith and Moose opposite each other = top 3 recieving duo in the league. Jarret has been progresssing slowly and maybe this year he realizes that he needs to step it up big and be the man, pushing Moose outta the way towards the end of the year. I was hoping to see Kenny Moore out there more or maybe Panthers can bring back Ryne Robinson since he's finally healthy again.

#15 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,679 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

alot of people are thinking moose won't be here this season, and i don't know why. Ok yea we do need another speedy fast young wr that can stretch the field, but we dam well wouldn't put him at number 2 when you already have smith out there. Smith and moose opposite each other = top 3 recieving duo in the league. Jarret has been progresssing slowly and maybe this year he realizes that he needs to step it up big and be the man, pushing moose outta the way towards the end of the year. I was hoping to see kenny moore out there more or maybe panthers can bring back ryne robinson since he's finally healthy again.

^^^^^ this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.