Photo
- - - - -

Since Peppers is almost certainly gone, some people will have egg on their faces

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

At the end of the season, the posters with supposed inside information here were unanimous (I believe) in saying that Peppers was going to either resign or be tagged. Supposedly credible Panther beat writers swore up and down that Peppers would be back.

Now the buzz from EVERYWHERE, locally and nationally, is saying that Peppers is gone on Thursday.

If that happens, can we finally shut the door on these people supposedly being credible?

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,508 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

who cares, maybe they had good reason to believe he would stay... no reason to run around waving your dick

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

Are you asking so that you can make "Welcome To The Club" T-shirts for them?

#4 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

Can people stop acting like they know what's going to happen with Peppers please?

#5 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:27 PM

I know a lot of people assume I had/do have connections, but I have always denied it... (or have I? ;) )

I'm sure you're talking about me, because I have been such a vocal supporter...

Personally, I still see Pep here for some reason or another after March 5th, the worst of which is if we decide not to tag him and risk letting him simply walk... It's just too bad for business from multiple aspects for Peppers NOT to be a Panther at some point in March...

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... I've always said I'll eat my share of crow...

But when I'm right, don't expect me to not return said egg many of you are so eagerly awaiting to throw...

#6 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

*waits for SLJ to come in and yell NO EGG ON MY FACE!*

#7 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,092 posts

As many times as I heard that such and such was very credible and knowledgeable and I said they were full of poo, one gloating thread seemed to be warranted.

#8 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

who cares, maybe they had good reason to believe he would stay... no reason to run around waving your dick

this..

it doesn't make someone dumb and no longer credible because they thought a team would want to get some compensation from one of the best defensive ends in the league..

#9 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

this..

it doesn't make someone dumb and no longer credible because they thought a team would want to get some compensation from one of the best defensive ends in the league..

It's not that though. I heard that these people had inside information. That turned out to be wrong.

#10 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

*waits for SLJ to come in and yell NO EGG ON MY FACE!*

If we don't get SOMETHING out of Pep, I'LL BE THE LOUDEST MOTHERfugER ON THE MOTHERfugIN' HUDDLE, and NOT A GODDAMN MOTHERfugER WILL EVER MOTHERfugIN' HEAR ME PRAISE THE PANTHERS FOR A MOTHERfugIN' THING EVER AGAIN!... before I make my exit...

Of course, IF THAT MOTHERfugER SIGNS ON THE GODDAMN MOTHERfugIN' LINE, I'LL BE THE HAPPIEST "I TOLD YOU SO" MOTHERfugER YOU DONE EVER SEEN!

#11 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

It's not that though. I heard that these people had inside information. That turned out to be wrong.

Quote on this? I don't remember anyone ever stating a piece of inside information on here.

#12 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

Who are you talking about?

Nobody in this situation has insider info except Pep, Carey, and the Panthers front office...

I've told you all these supposed leaks all along are either posturing by one of those parties, or simply rumors pulled out of people's asses so they'll have something to talk about...

#13 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

maybe situations have changed since then? Doesn't mean that information was inaccurate at the time or that the inside information doesn't exist. Business organizations change direction all the time.

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,508 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:33 PM

it's not that though. I heard that these people had inside information. That turned out to be wrong.

oh no lets all poo our pants

#15 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

SMF. The amount of times you make claims which don't pan out is ridiculous. So in your words, why has the door not shut on you? It's because some people are not as pathetic as you, to constantly demand people be humbled by their beliefs and thoughts they had about a certai situation.

Almost everyone who said they believed Pep would be here, said 'in their opinion' or 'I think' or 'I can't see'. All referering to themselves. No where have I seen someone say 'I have official word he won't be released.'

Why do you have this never ending need to be self gratified by trying to prove people were wrong. News flash mate EVERYONE is wrong about something, just that most people realise this and thus don't 'call out' someone everytime it happens. This is because the payback is usually much worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com