Photo
- - - - -

Since Peppers is almost certainly gone, some people will have egg on their faces

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

I just got off the phone with my brothers, whose neighbors ex girlfriend used to babysit steve smiths kids, and she says Peppers has not recieved any offers better than carolina's offer.

#17 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

SMF. The amount of times you make claims which don't pan out is ridiculous. So in your words, why has the door not shut on you? It's because some people are not as pathetic as you, to constantly demand people be humbled by their beliefs and thoughts they had about a certai situation.

Almost everyone who said they believed Pep would be here, said 'in their opinion' or 'I think' or 'I can't see'. All referering to themselves. No where have I seen someone say 'I have official word he won't be released.'

Why do you have this never ending need to be self gratified by trying to prove people were wrong. News flash mate EVERYONE is wrong about something, just that most people realise this and thus don't 'call out' someone everytime it happens. This is because the payback is usually much worse.

I've never once made a claim. I have no inside information. So what are you referring to?

#18 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

I just got off the phone with my brothers, whose neighbors ex girlfriend used to babysit steve smiths kids, and she says Peppers has not recieved any offers better than carolina's offer.

lol... Pep can't receive any offers other than from us until March 5th...

#19 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

Unless you're referring to Jake's bro...*snickers*...broken f*snickers*...broken finger lololol. That was just my theory though, I had no actual inside information to back that up.

#20 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,482 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:58 PM

I know a lot of people assume I had/do have connections, but I have always denied it... (or have I? ;) )

I'm sure you're talking about me, because I have been such a vocal supporter...

Personally, I still see Pep here for some reason or another after March 5th, the worst of which is if we decide not to tag him and risk letting him simply walk... It's just too bad for business from multiple aspects for Peppers NOT to be a Panther at some point in March...

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... I've always said I'll eat my share of crow...

But when I'm right, don't expect me to not return said egg many of you are so eagerly awaiting to throw...

You still have to ask yourself why would Peppers be signed. They offered him a LTC year before last and he turned them down. He has now came out and said that he did not want a LTC with the Panthers. I also feel that Meeks likes high motor guys in his system and Peppers while crazy talented is def not a high motor player. Add in the fact he is turning 30 and his trade value is not gonna be what everyone expects and you see how he is just gonna walk out of here.

#21 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,129 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

At the end of the season, the posters with supposed inside information here were unanimous (I believe) in saying that Peppers was going to either resign or be tagged. Supposedly credible Panther beat writers swore up and down that Peppers would be back.

Now the buzz from EVERYWHERE, locally and nationally, is saying that Peppers is gone on Thursday.

If that happens, can we finally shut the door on these people supposedly being credible?

What if he IS retained? We you disappear completely with your false assumptions?

#22 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

You guys, people are only credible if they are right 100% of the time like Sam Mills Fan. Like when he said that Johnathan Stewart was going on IR because he didn't get carries in the preseason.

#23 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hey, IF Pep is back next season, who is gonna register the name Sam Jackson Fan?

#24 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

SMF still loving to be sad.

#25 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

I've never once made a claim. I have no inside information. So what are you referring to?

U r smart if u can avoid his claim like dat.

Seriously, it's obvious what he's saying about you.

#26 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,348 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

So will SMF have egg on his face if Peppers signs?

#27 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

So will SMF have egg on his face if Peppers signs?

Negative. He is untouchable.

#28 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

You guys, people are only credible if they are right 100% of the time like Sam Mills Fan. Like when he said that Johnathan Stewart was going on IR because he didn't get carries in the preseason.

I never claimed to have inside information though did I?

#29 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

I know a lot of people assume I had/do have connections, but I have always denied it... (or have I? ;) )

I'm sure you're talking about me, because I have been such a vocal supporter...

Personally, I still see Pep here for some reason or another after March 5th, the worst of which is if we decide not to tag him and risk letting him simply walk... It's just too bad for business from multiple aspects for Peppers NOT to be a Panther at some point in March...

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... I've always said I'll eat my share of crow...

But when I'm right, don't expect me to not return said egg many of you are so eagerly awaiting to throw...

http://www.carolinah...-4-defense.html

BTW, my source has now confirmed this.. Pep will not play here again...

Watch what Pep does in that system too.. Goodbye sack record..

You also posted last off season that your source told you Peppers would sign the deal that off season.

Is it still considered a source if they're never, ever right?

#30 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,976 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

I don't have any inside information, just makes sense to me that we would let Peppers walk rather than paying him 20 million for one season. Letting Peppers walk is not a "good" decision, or one the Panthers want to be forced to make, it's just the lesser of two evils.

Most of the reading I've done suggests that nobody in the league thinks Peppers, or any DE, is worth a one year salary of 20 million. On top of that, the Panthers have to make this decision before they know whether or not there will be a cap this coming season. The prudent thing to do at the moment, is to make decisions as if there will be a cap, and spending 20 million on Peppers would severly restrict our cap space.

To add to all of that, Peppers is 30 so statistically he's on the downside of his career and when DE's fall apart, they fall apart fast. I would rather see Peppers stay, but I can understand why the Panthers may decide to let him walk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.