41 replies to this topic

#31 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:17 PM

this isnt even close moss is still about a tenth of a second faster than smith at this point is his career. im a panthers fan born and raised but even i know moss has made a living solely off the deep ball. speed speed speed is mosses game smith might be better all around but never has smith cought 23 touchdowns in a season. stop bashing moss,because when its said and done no wr comes close to him in terms of tools and speed ever....point blank period-steven a.smith lol

#32 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

Y'all gonna fug now?

#33 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

yeah Moss is so fast on the field thats why he fielded Kicks and punts like Welker and Smith.... I can't remember last time i saw Moss out run a defender when there's plenty of examples of Welker and Smith doing it.

like i said, moss is faster, not quicker or more agile. Straight line speed rarely ever wins a return job. You need a lot of other skills first, if you can find someone who's also fast it's a bonus. Besides Moss was almost always seen as too valuable to use on ST. He wasn't too shabby when he returned punts in 99.

I think smith is a better reciever than moss but it doesn't mean he's faster. Everybody tried to say D-will was a burner about a year ago and that wasn't true either.

#34 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

Yeah OK I never said anything like that, I haven't used the term "game speed" in this entire thread.

KK, oblivious to reality as usual.

Yet you kept spitting out 40 times after I used the term specifically.

RnR, reading comprehension problems as usual.

you two need to calm down and have some pie.

#35 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

Yet you kept spitting out 40 times after I used the term specifically.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... really? I posted 40 times to show their straight speed. How in the world you convert that into me saying 40 times are the exact same thing as game speed I'll never know.

#36 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

Smith YAC: 6.0
Welker YAC: 5.8
Moss YAC: 4.0

Smith Avg: 14.5
Welker Avg: 10.9
Moss Avg: 15.6

Moss has a higher average which means he is more of a possession receiver and can catch long balls that are thrown his way, but he can't run away from defenders after catching it like Welker and Smith can.

#37 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

Are you trying to say that Moss is more of a possession receiver than Welker?

#38 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

Yeah Moss is more of a possession receiver than Smith and Welker, but Welker and Smith can run away from defenders better than Moss.

#39 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

I'd like to see what Smith's 40 time was in 05 when he lost that weight to get faster. Look back at the Vikings game this year when Smith broke away mid field, Moss can't do poo like that. Logically one has to assume that Smith is slower now days but Smith has never been (except maybe a couple of years) labeled at the extreme elite speedster, ala Chris Johnson, Devin Hester. Smith knows how to use his speed that's difference, he's a pure play maker and there are other aspects to that than speed.

#40 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

So to recap...

Welker is the faster player.

Moss is the possession receiver.

Yup... that's how things work in New England. Perfect.

#41 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

That's what the stats say too.

#42 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

That's what the stats say too.

the stats say the opposite.

Moss has a plethora of long TD catches and a higher average. He's the home run hitter. Out running DBs for the long ball is his bread and butter. You don't get so many long TD's without being very fast. A pure possesion reciever might be able to get behind a guy but he's not going to be able to break a 70yard TD without somebody missing a tackle.

The only reason welker gets so many catches underneath is because of moss being the deep threat. He works the slot. He's a sure handed reciever who is more quick than fast. He runs good routes. He's not a threat to score whenever he touches the ball unless you're around your oponents 30.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.