Photo
- - - - -

What do you guys think

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 NFL Executive

NFL Executive

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:45 PM

First, I realize it is Mel Kiper I am talking about here, but in his last ranking at QB, he expects Sam Bradford to be the 6th QB drafted this year. I realize most people on this forum are sold and excited for Matt, but I am just not as sold yet. We only saw a few games from him and he is still unproven as a starter. The only reason Bradford would fall that far down the draft is because of injury issues... otherwise he would be an absolute steal at the position in the second round.

So my question is, even with our huge need at WR (Which can still be filled in FA) should we take Bradford if he falls that far down the board? I would be all for it. There is no question that he would have better arm strength than Matt and also more upside. We saw Moore win games last season, but I think many of us are forgetting some of his lucky passes, dropped INTs, and how much pure game management he displayed. I got a lot of bad rep for saying that I didnt believe he is our future just yet at the end of the year, but I still have my doubts. I know a QB is always a gamble, but if it wasnt for injuries, Sam Bradford would be a top 3 QB in this years draft. If he falls, wouldnt we have to take him? I would be all for it. You never know what kind of a gem he COULD turn out to be. And if he turns out to be a bust, at least we gambled on a potential top 10 pick in the second round. I doubt he falls to us, but would you guys be up for taking him over other areas of need in the draft this year?

Also, please be realistic. Everyone was quick to remind me that Tom Brady was once a late round pick... Matt Moore is not EVER going to be a Tom Brady. Lets be honest... we a biased fans on this forum. Remember Derek Anderson had a probowl year with 33 TDs... look at him now. And we never saw probowl and 33 TDs from Moore. I could see Moore turning out to be like a Chad Pennington. He can manage games and help you win, but dont expect him to put a team on his shoulders. I know we need a QB to believe in, but lets be honest. Moore had some really lucky completions last season and also had at least 3 INTs flat out dropped last year. I am just not sold. Please be objective with your responses. Thanks

#2 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

I mostly hate this years QB crop. Roboshoulder, whatever overhype that ND is churning out, that TE from Florida, the noodle arm who sat out his championship game with a stinger, bleh.

Ride Moore for a year, if he fails look at next years batch. WR is a bigger need than QB is anyhow. We've got an aging Smith, an old Moose and nothing.

Pretty sure Bradford is the first QB taken anyways, MAYBE second. Highly doubt he falls out of the first round.

#3 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,686 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

Bradford's probably going to be the 2nd QB taken off the board, possibly the 1st, though I think that'll be Claussen. No way in hell he drops all the way to a mid 2nd rounder unless his arm falls off before the draft starts. Moral of the story, don't listen to Mel Kiper.

#4 mario

mario

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Mel Kiper is a jerk! Obviously we must draft him, but he's not going to fall to the 2nd round.

#5 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:37 PM

i think he means the 6th overall pick to the seahawks

#6 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER