Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mr beauxjangles

WCNC reporting no tag for Peppers via team source

181 posts in this topic

Julius Peppers is our best past rusher. He is a physical specimen. He gives OL nightmares. However, Julius Peppers has made 13, 14, 17 million dollars the last 3 years for 27.5 sacks. Its obvious that Peppers agent thinks JP should get even more than the Freeney contract. Let them see if they can get it. Let us spend that money on upgrading WR, signing Beason to a long term, locking up some more players on the OLine and at RB. See if TD is recovered from ACL and then lock him up also. Even have some money left to maybe sign Matt Moore long term after he leads us to 7-1 start.

You said it yourself Peppers isn't the heart of our defense. Who would you rather give that money too? Peppers or Beason?

2 people like this

You said it yourself Peppers isn't the heart of our defense. Who would you rather give that money too? Peppers or Beason?

Is that a trick question?

Yes, Peppers is a great player. A player I wish would stay on the team. But all the money given him last year hurt us. And if we did it again it would hurt us even more this year. Take care of those that want to be here and let those that want to leave...leave. I just wish Jake would retire. And then we can move on out of the past and into the future.

From pass rush to pass mush.

Come on people...nobody....NOBODY... is worth $20 mill for one year....the Panthers will live!!!!

Peyton got it last year.

Adam_Schefter

RT @SI_PeterKing: Had an NFL exec tell me this weekend he thought Peppers would be lucky to get $10m a year in this climate.

hmmmm... that would be a surprise.

hmmmm... that would be a surprise.

Yeah, I saw that too... It kind of makes me hold on to a little bit of hope that, if we let Pep just walk, he'll come back after feeling out the competition...

Personally I would rather have someone with less talent but more fight and motor.

Personally I would rather have someone with less talent but more fight and motor.

Exactly! They need to start saving some money for Beasons long term deal anyway.

Last year everyone was circle jerking Hurney for getting Gross' contract done and tagging Peppers.

We had a bad year, and now he's an idiot. Something else will happen good, and he'll be a god again. This is ridiculous.

Anyways, best of luck to Julius Peppers, I'm sad to see him go, but sometimes its the team over a player. I'd rather have 5 solid or above average contributers than one good DE.

I am personally sick of people calling Hurney an idiot for this situation because, I mean, it isn't like they didn't offer him a long term contract, matter-of-fact, they were going to make him the HIGHEST PAID DE IN THE LEAGUE and yet he still wouldn't take it. Face it, Pep and his agent are greedy and he just isn't worth the money.

and to those who think we may get something for him, let me remind you that every team that you heard rumored that could possibly trade for him is just that, a rumor. We don't know exactly could be a potential trade partner and I don't even think there are any teams out there that would make that sort of risk. So what will happen if we tag him and there are no trade partners, are you going to continue calling Hurney an idiot?

So all I can say is, get over it, he will either be gone or he'll come to the realization that no team is going to offer him as much as we plan on offering.

1 person likes this

Last year everyone was circle jerking Hurney for getting Gross' contract done and tagging Peppers.

We had a bad year, and now he's an idiot. Something else will happen good, and he'll be a god again. This is ridiculous.

Anyways, best of luck to Julius Peppers, I'm sad to see him go, but sometimes its the team over a player. I'd rather have 5 solid or above average contributers than one good DE.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of a few, or the one."

-Mr. Spock

Peppers...Jerry...Babineaux....Abraham

My dear god

and I'll raise ya, Gross..Vincent..Kalil..and Otah...

whats to be scared of, if you think we couldn't game plan against Pep, than your crazy. Hell, all we gotta do is put a tight end on him, and we're good.

It would be a damn shame to see Hoover or Stewart put Pep on his ass...:rolleyes: