Photo
- - - - -

Really controversial idea I've had...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#46 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

Dont you know that of you use actual logic and common sense, they create a a strawman and/or go hide under their bed.

looks like it unfortunately.

#47 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:52 PM

Even though I have thoroughly explained myself to clear up any misconceptions, you're just going to decide you don't care all that much? You're continuing to believe your original incorrect assumption in order to keep pushing your narrative that I want to punish the poor. It's very frustrating, I feel like I'm on Fox & Friends. If your going to cover your ears then cover your mouth too, your words have no value if you're not going to listen.

Let me say this again I don't feel that way. I wish you would just believe me the first time. When somebody takes as much time as I have to explain this to you, there is no room for the word may. By then you should be able to use your good sense to deicde whether I do or don't. Not whether I may or may not.

I've been pretty fair, courteous, and respectful this whole time. If you don't care enough about the topic then it's not worth your time. You've done the debate form of a drive by. If you actually do care then we should duel with pistols at dawn, what your doing is spraying bullets at me and speeding off. It's not fair, decent, or respectful. (Sorry for all the cheesy imagery)

If my assumption that you're ignoring my comments is incorrect, then please correct me.

you doth protest too much

but your use of bolded words has me convinced that you are correct.

Unfortunately I have no idea what your point is.

#48 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

they should at least restrict people from coming in and buying a bunch of sweet tarts and carrot cake.

poor people who get food stanps should not be allowed to wear nice clothes or buy ice cream

Digging through the diatribes it appears that you agree that food stamp recipients should not be allowed ice cream (I'm assuming carrot cake is equivalent).

You are frustrated by $80 shirts but whereas Delhomeboy says they should not be allowed to wear nice clothes, you have not gone that far and have simply maintained your frustration with nice clothes.

Hopefully that is a decent interpretation of your ideology

#49 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

The reason most people are turned off by give-away programs is the rampant abuses that come with it. If we all saw a woman with five kids wearing rags and using food stamps, most of us would be inclined to offer her help. But when she's got better clothes on than we have, or puts her groceries in a nicer car than we have, it creates resentment. That's the root cause of class warfare in this country, not the so-called elitist attitude you on the left claim.

#50 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

you doth protest too much

but your use of bolded words has me convinced that you are correct.

Unfortunately I have no idea what your point is.

I bold words to make things clearer and add emphasis because you keep misunderstanding me to the point that I feel you're doing it deliberately. I also have to type so much for the same reason. I'm trying to be as clear as possible and leave no stone unturned. Right as I started doing this you said you didn't care and now you're playing dumb.

#51 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

Digging through the diatribes it appears that you agree that food stamp recipients should not be allowed ice cream (I'm assuming carrot cake is equivalent).

You are frustrated by $80 shirts but whereas Delhomeboy says they should not be allowed to wear nice clothes, you have not gone that far and have simply maintained your frustration with nice clothes.

Hopefully that is a decent interpretation of your ideology

Post #10 and #35 I mentioned an allowance of ice cream per week. You're not digging hard enough. WIC uses a rationing philosophy to make sure parents can only get norishing food for their children. I don't see why that's such a big deal to apply that philosophy to food stamps.

You're also not being fair to Delhomeboy, you keep quoting this:

poor people who get food stanps should not be allowed to wear nice clothes

here is his entire statement:

I would amend the statement to read, poor people who get food stanps should not be allowed to wear nice clothes or buy ice cream, because there are other more pressing issues which should weigh on their priorities. This I agree with.

Again, you are cutting quotes to fit your narrative that everyone on here who agree's with this idea is doing it to punish the poor. He clearly said he felt that way because he feels that they have other more important priorities. You felt that little bit of info wasn't important.

#52 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

You keep slanting what I'm saying,

Now your saying that

You are the only person so far...

you're just going to decide you don't care all that much? You're continuing to believe your original incorrect assumption in order to keep pushing your narrative that I want to punish the poor...your words have no value if you're not going to listen.

you should be able to use your good sense t

you don't care enough about the topic then it's not worth your time. You've done the debate form of a drive by.

you're ignoring my comments is incorrect

you said you didn't care and now you're playing dumb.

You're not digging hard enough.

You're also not being fair to Delhomeboy, you keep quoting this:

you are cutting quotes to fit your narrative

You felt that little bit of info wasn't important.

personalize much? ;)

#53 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

HUDDLER

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

personalize much? ;)

This is just pathetic. You can't even make a logical argument anymore. I've thoroughly proved that you are just here to push a false narrative instead of actually wanting to disscuss the topic. You have twisted my words and the words of others with no interest in fair disscussion. I've answered back respectfully everytime time while your posts have grown more and more imature. Seems you just can't let it go that I'm not a big evil meany that wants to punish the poor. Mocking me for over using pronouns is the most pathetic way to lose an argument that you could have chosen. If nobody else posts in this topic I'm not responding to this topic anymore as nothing good is coming from it.