Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Official Wild Card Weekend Predictions Thread....

46 posts in this topic

Falcons

Eagles

Chargers

Ravens

Falcons - good defense and a solid running game wins over pass-happy offenses

Eagles - T. Jackson is too green and is a scrambler = no win

Ravens - No question here

Colts - I'm watching the NFL channel and LT isn't even sure if he's going to play. Peyton Manning is where my money is going - all the way to the SB. No way Chargers win.

Minnesota. Philly has just made too many poor decisions and hasn't proven to be a good road team. Don't mistake their blowout win over Dallas for a sign of untapped potential- and don't forget they tied Cincy.

Score: Vikings 17, Eagles 7

Arizona I would take Kurt Warner over Matt Ryan in the playoffs every time. Also, Turner's stats on the road are much lower than those in the 'Dome.

Score: Cardinals 28, Falcons 20

Indy Peyton has starting being Peyton again, and Dungy can easily outcoach Turner. Expect a close one, but in the end Manning gets Vinatieri close enough to do what he (unfortunately) does best in the playoffs.

Score: Colts 27, Chargers 24

Baltimore The Ravens D proved they can stop the WildCat, and Pennington's arm isn't strong enough to work over a stingy Baltimore secondary. McClain, not Flacco, will be the x-factor for the Ravens offense.

Score: Baltimore 26, Miami 21

Sorry, but I already made my predictions in the unofficial thread.

Falcons (but pulling for the Cards:cool:)

Colts

Ravens

Vikings

Falcons- Cards just suck lately

Eagles- Minnesota turns the ball over alot this game

Colts- I never bet against Manning

Ravens- Great defense beats okay offense.

Bolts

Eagles

Atlanta

Ravens

SI's Peter King says...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/02/playoff-crystal-ball/index.html

Falcons, Eagles, Colts, Ravens... but then goes on to pick Giants, Falcons, Ravens, Steelers for the Championship games (with Giants beating Ravens in Super Bowl). King was the only one of the 10 people picking that picked against Carolina.

4 of the 10 SI writers picked the Panthers to win the NFC championship, with those four splitting as to whether the Panthers will beat the Titans or not in the Super Bowl.