Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiz

stop this whole apocalypse crap about the front office

So it's your thinking that nfl.com just made this up? Then why did you post an nfl.com article about the Patriots being interested in the Panthers just the other day?

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/30729-patriots-still-interested-in-julius-peppers.html

Nobody said it wasn't ok to speculate.. Everybody does it, including myself...

I like how saying the Front Office isn't the worst in the league is painting them as Gods.

It's very amusing.

Like I said in another thread, why are we even on this goddamn site if we can't trust any reports about anything? If every reporter just makes poo up for no reason, then why watch ESPN at all? Why read a single Panthers article?

What source is more credible than nfl.com?

:drool5:

Are you slow dude???

No really?

You know damn well that not everything on these sites are true.... Look at espn insider... it's pure specualtion and rumors... every once in awhile they hit on something that was credible.

The point is we read it knowing the source. Is it a possiblity... sure... Is it absolutly fact... Hell the F No!!!!!!

threads i made while inebriated not withstanding, mike reiss has pretty much come out and said that the Patriots won't pay him, and there's no reason to think they would have last year either.

Ben, I don't see the Patriots offering Julius Peppers a big-time free-agent contract, but if a market does not generate for him and the financial numbers are more reasonable, I could see a scenario in which it might happen. I think a lot of things would have to fall into place, though. So if asked to put a percentage on the likelihood at this point, I'd say less than 5 percent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=4938513

yes, that's an espn site, but it was a chat with mike reiss, their beat reporter who is generally well informed.

He would be pissing and moaning last year if we traded Peppers to the Patriots just for a 2nd rounder too.

He would be pissing and moaning last year if we traded Peppers to the Patriots just for a 2nd rounder too.

This. It would have been "You can't let a guy like Peppers get away for such little compensation!!!1"

For the record, I do believe that an actual team official (GM, OWNER) has to give a written or verbal statement to the media when it is actually confirmed and a done deal. Otherwise, it isn't an official deal. Common sense.

Right now though, would you rather have a 2nd rounder instead of nothing and the possibility JR goes even cheaper due to no Cap?

In my most optimistic view as possible, not tagging Pep could only mean the front office WILL be active in spending but spreading it around for more quality players.

Right now though, would you rather have a 2nd rounder instead of nothing and the possibility JR goes even cheaper due to no Cap?

In my most optimistic view as possible, not tagging Pep could only mean the front office WILL be active in spending but spreading it around for more quality players.

We get a 4th or 5th rounder pick for losing Peppers.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GreenvillePanther

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts