• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

For the past 9 years, Peppers has been my favorite player on the Carolina Panthers. From his first season, he has dominated for our team, and for that I'd like to say thank you. A few years back when Carolina played the 49ers in SF, I went to the game in a Peppers jersey. After the game, several Panthers people signed a football I brought with me. Ricky Proehl, Muhsin Muhammed, Brentson "Boogie" Buckner, Kris Jenkins, John Fox, hell even Mark Richardson signed it. The one I was bummed about not getting was JP. As the team bus pulled away, I saw Pep behind the tinted windows because his seat light was on. I pointed at the 90 on my chest and gave a thumbs up (kinda lame I know), and Julius Peppers got up and stopped the team bus and came out and signed my ball, jersey, and took a couple pics with me and my lady. I was ecstatic.

So for all the stuff I hear about being a quiet recluse, just wanted to post a good memory about Julius Peppers from a fan stanpoint.

That being said, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I'm a Panthers fan first.

Step it up Everette Brown, I'll be buying your jersey the minute they sell it as a tackle twill.

Sorry guys, had to make one last thread on this guy before I'm done with him. No homo. :)

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

Rep! Quite possibily a perfect farewell post. Good job sir, good job.

#3 5158Poundin

5158Poundin

Here Kitty Kitty

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

I agree.

Panthers first.

We loved you while you were a Panther and are sad to see you go.

But we will move on and deal.

#4 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

The part I will remember of Peppers is that he never "reached his potential". We as a fan base saw a player who in his first three four seasons better than the player we have seen the last four. Whether he was held back, coaching, etc, whatever ----- the player Peppers could have been never materialized. I for sure do not want to see that accur somewhere else. Peppers does have the right to want a change of scenery. I am just dissappointed Fox/Hurney didnt see this when he didnt sign the long term deal after '07. We are all entitled to make mistakes.

#5 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

Peace out Pep. I have a lot of good memories so I can't really complain but it was time. Now it's clear Beason is true captain of the defense. Beason will have this defense focused and ready to take the next step.

#6 Panther Boyd

Panther Boyd

Hates Stupid People

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

For the past 9 years, Peppers has been my favorite player on the Carolina Panthers. From his first season, he has dominated for our team, and for that I'd like to say thank you. A few years back when Carolina played the 49ers in SF, I went to the game in a Peppers jersey. After the game, several Panthers people signed a football I brought with me. Ricky Proehl, Muhsin Muhammed, Brentson "Boogie" Buckner, Kris Jenkins, John Fox, hell even Mark Richardson signed it. The one I was bummed about not getting was JP. As the team bus pulled away, I saw Pep behind the tinted windows because his seat light was on. I pointed at the 90 on my chest and gave a thumbs up (kinda lame I know), and Julius Peppers got up and stopped the team bus and came out and signed my ball, jersey, and took a couple pics with me and my lady. I was ecstatic.

So for all the stuff I hear about being a quiet recluse, just wanted to post a good memory about Julius Peppers from a fan stanpoint.

That being said, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. I'm a Panthers fan first.

Step it up Everette Brown, I'll be buying your jersey the minute they sell it as a tackle twill.

Sorry guys, had to make one last thread on this guy before I'm done with him. No homo. :)

:cheers2:

#7 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Thanks Jules. Now you're the enemy. Prepare to be destroyed.

#8 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

Nice quality post... something I think we can all agree on today

:grouphug:

#9 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

Well said.

Thanks Jules. Now you're the enemy. Prepare to be destroyed.

Posted Image

#10 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

I thought id be pissed at peppers for leaving, but its more bittersweet like he said in the charlotte observer interview. We move on as a fanbase of the Panthers organization and this reminds us that no one is bigger than the organization. It was fun Pep. I just want him to be remembered for his years in Carolina not somewhere else.

#11 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

I'll add to this, I appreciate what Peppers did for us and I enjoyed watching him play all these years.

I would have liked to see him retire as a Panther, but it didn't work out that way and I wish him all the best.

Edited by CatMan72, 23 February 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#12 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,216 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

#13 pantherdad

pantherdad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for memories.....you rich motherfvcker!

#14 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

Just when I though this thread could not get anymore ghey....

#15 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

Just when I though this thread could not get anymore ghey....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com