Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we Break the Curse?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Thats the dumbest damn curse I've ever heard of.

I thought it, then you said it.

Posted

Actually the one I hear spread around on the Tampa message board is that no one has ever lost to Tampa and then won the Superbowl the same season. Haven't researched it or given it much thought untill just now.

That was mentioned here

'76 Bucs: There was nothing unnatural about the Bucs' losing. It was entirely organic. However, a curse of sorts exists in reverse -- no team that has lost to Tampa Bay has gone on to win the Super Bowl that season.

Posted

i know i was getting worried about the curse too in week 17 - im glad we won and got the bye, but kinda sad cause that was a cool trend in the nfc south

Posted

Actually the one I hear spread around on the Tampa message board is that no one has ever lost to Tampa and then won the Superbowl the same season. Haven't researched it or given it much thought untill just now.

This one ↑ is actually true. Not sure if it includes preseason, but the Patriots did lose to the Bucs last year in preseason. :D

Well, Atlanta just lost, so the Panthers are the last representative of the NFC South. I will be rooting for you guys!