1. Quit crying about Peppers. Yes, he was a great player and probably the most talented end of the past decade but he's also an asshole who picks his spots. Barring that he goes to ATL(God help you) I see him robbing some desperate team with shitty play. While you may not have anyone as talented as Peppers you have two young ends with a ton of potential with Chuck Johnson and Brown. Brayton is also a solid end at DE who may not be flashy but he gets it's done. Plus, he literally would kill to continue to be a Panther.
2. Quit the illusion that Jake has any chance at stealing back the starting spot. Name Moore the starter NOW, no WR worth a poo will give Carolina a look if there's even a remote possibility that the Panthers will play a QB who has those kind of problems upstairs.
3. Draft/Sign WRs. Smith has not had a decent threat besides him outside of a handful of years when Muhammed wasn't ancient. If you want Moore to have any shot at long term sucess he needs to be surrounded with weapons.
4. Draft a DT who can collapse the pocket. This has been a problem for the Panthers since Jenkins was traded and will continue to be unless something is done. Is there anything more frustrating than watching a QB step up and avoid pressure from your ends? This draft is deep with DTs, find one who can bring interior pressure.
5. Lock Thomas Davis up with an insane deal, he's been arguably your best defensive player for a few years now.
6. Move Dante Rosario to either WR or flat out commit to making him an integral part of the offense. I've seen him a lot since he was drafted and I have always noticed that he shows a ton of potential. Problem is, the Panthers historically have not utilized TEs for much more than blocking.
7. Move one of your two RBs for a high draft pick. Why? The Panthers offensive line is good enough to where any back with a pulse could have sucess behind it. Besides, RBs aren't really that valuable when you consider the length of their careers but shhh most teams haven't figured this out yet. Use the high pick to fill one of the needs listed above.
8. Kiss our ring.
This board has some great posters....even fans from other teams are on point.
Disagree with these points.
1) Letting Peppers walk away during an uncapped year doesn't make sense. The fact is any team can attempt to pay for a superbowl this year. Not franchising Peppers simply says the Panthers are going to lay low this year and wait it out. (they also stated that they will not sign freeagents and rebuild through the draft) I would have signed Peppers for $20 million and tried to trade him and if not, then let him play his arse off another season, so he can earn a contract next year, like he did this year.
6) Our TEs block and we rarely throw to them, so Rosario may be in the wrong town. I like him as a receiver, but is he good enough to play a Moose role? Our defense doesn't know how to cover TEs either....that's another story.
7) Trading either RB for anything other than a #1 pick is dumb. Superbowl teams have 2 or 3 starting caliber RBs now. It's just the formula that works at this point.
8) You guys should thank Farve for letting his ego outway his brain, but yeah...I'll kiss it.