• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KBRed

Racism

this weekend a GOP representative said that black people were better off under slavery.

but by gosh, it's Al and Jesse who create all the racism. white people can't be racist!

this weekend a GOP representative said that black people were better off under slavery.

but by gosh, it's Al and Jesse who create all the racism. white people can't be racist!

white or black, everybody's got a little racism in them. doesn't matter how tiny it could be. it's still there.

that's not true. just something racists think to feel better.

is it the same kind of process white people who disassociate themselves with those whites they consider "racists" the minute they hear a slip of the tongue go through?

There's nothing funnier than white liberals who get their panties in a wad over this subject. Like they know what it's like because damn it, they saw Roots.

Trent Franks of AZ.

"Far more of the African-American community is being devastated by the policies of today than were being devastated by policies of slavery. "

Les get the whole statement shall we?

Mike Stark talks to Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), a conservative in a safe seat who has no qualms about discussing abortion in extreme terms, and Stark gets the congressman to say legal abortion was worse for African-Americans than slavery was.

“I don’t believe for one second that he intends to insult anyone,” says Stark. “I don’t think he sees the racism (or paternalism) in what he’s saying.” I agree. Franks has been a huge proponent of this argument, going so far as to show the documentary “Mafaa 21: Black Genocide in 21st Century America” to his House colleagues. That film argues, as some black conservatives argue, that legal abortion came about as a plot by white eugenicists to destroy black America. So that’s where Franks is coming from.

FRANK: In this country, we had slavery for God knows how long. And now we look back on it and we say “How brave were they? What was the matter with them? You know, I can’t believe, you know, four million slaves. This is incredible.” And we’re right, we’re right. We should look back on that with criticism. It is a crushing mark on America’s soul. And yet today, half of all black children are aborted. Half of all black children are aborted. Far more of the African-American community is being devastated by the policies of today than were being devastated by policies of slavery. And I think, What does it take to get us to wake up?

Trent Franks of AZ.

"Far more of the African-American community is being devastated by the policies of today than were being devastated by policies of slavery. "

UPDATE: The most reliable estimate from Guttmacher is that 43 percent of African American pregnancies end in abortion. Sixty-nine percent pregnancies among African-American women were unintended, and of those 58 percent end in abortion.

Yikes

Doesn't sound as racist when you have the whole context of what he was saying.

But look, I bolded it, so it must be without spin.

it's still 100% racist, even with the idiotic spin you put on it. the dude said that black people were better off being slaves rather than today when they are allowed to make their own choice with their bodies. that is beyond racist, it's evil.

I do believe race relations are nearly as much of an issue now as it used to be. I do believe America has made great strides.

IMO I believe there is an equal amount if whites and blacks who are raciest to each other....And also who are both racist towards Hispanic Americans.

I do not have a issue with, or experience any racism as a young African American male. Therefore I do not think about it.

I'm 26 and I believe that racism is least present within the younger generation. You have older white folks who still have inherit racist beliefs that are not easy to get rid of, and older black folks who thinks everyone white person is against them....

I can say as a Black man I have had the ability, opportunities to do what i want to do. If I wanted to go to college I could. Be a doctor, I could, Accountant... I am.

There is no White, Black yellow man holding me back.... I do not experience any racism... Sure some people aren't nice, doesn't mean it's due to my skin color...

PEOPLE WHO WORRY AND THINK ABOUT RACISIM ARE ONES WHO EXPERIENCE IT. They are looking for it, and even when it isn't they believe it is. It when it's small they think it's huge...

True story: In December I was driving to St. Louis from Atlanta late on a Saturday night when my Alternator died in the middle of the back woods of Tennessee. I had on sweats and a t-shirt. Three different stereotypical "White, trailer trash" helped this "ghetto looking *****" out when i was stranded. The last family welcomed me into their trailer, while the husband in the snow and freezing cold at 2am in the morning was working and freezing his ass off to get my new alternator in and back on the road.

THEN after hours of work in the cold he only charged me $50 when I knew they needed the money, and he knew I had no other options. We still keep in contact to this day.

Hell the African Americans in the United States did not elect Obama!! He is the president... not Our (Black people) president.

So I do not like when KT has to make everything out to be about black this, black that. Where in a time where it could and should just be about the people.

So I guess this ignorant uneducated ***** likes you stupid crackers over here on the huddle.

it's still 100% racist, even with the idiotic spin you put on it. the dude said that black people were better off being slaves rather than today when they are allowed to make their own choice with their bodies. that is beyond racist, it's evil.

That's not what he said at all. You take the cake, Jefferson.

That's not what he said at all. You take the cake, Jefferson.

it's exactly what he said. too many black people have abortions, so they were better off as slaves and had masters to make their decisions for them. explain to me how that's not what he said.