Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,389 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

Sheesh :sosp:

On the topic of the debated statement, regardless of whether you agree with it or not, the attempt to spin it to racism is silly. Whatever it is, it isn't racism.

On the topic of KT, the notion that he "holds a mirror" is just as ridiculous. About all that KT consistently does is try to portray people as racist when he starts losing an argument (which generally doesn't take long). He's gone so far as to lie about what people have said in order to portray them as racist. Bottom line: He doesn't have the intellectual capacity to hang in an argument strictly based on facts, so he tries to turn everything into a race war. That's hardly "a mirror". Frankly, it's worthless. There are way more intelligent black posters on here, and more than one has called him on his crap.

And on to the big dog...racism.

My perspective is that of someone who was raised by a racist father, and was so turned off by what I saw in him that it ensured I'd never be that way (that plus a mom who knew better). I've formed close friendships with loads of people from other races - black, hispanic, whatever - to a point that my dad would probably disown me if he were still alive.

Racism still exists, but nowhere near the level it once did. Thanks to heroes like Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Ernie Davis in the sports world and others in the political world, society has changed for the better. Such things as racism are now viewed negatively by an overwhelming majority of society. They are a stigma, and a mark of dishonor, as well they should be.

But that doesn't wipe the practitioners out. It might send them scurrying to the corner like cockroaches, but anyone who's ever tried to get rid of coackroaches knows it just ain't that easy.

the sad truth is that as long as you have people, you are always going to have racism, sexism, anti-semitism, religious bigotry and any number of other things. You're also going to have anger, jealousy, theft, rape, murder and every other kind of inhumanity. As long as people are people, you'll never erase those things. All you can do is A) take no part in them yourself and B) try to fight them whenever they crop up.

It might never end, but it can still be fought.

#182 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

Look at what he was responding to.

Is he saying that "more" black babies lead to more devastating behaviour?

Not jsut black babies, but ALL unwanted babies. Whether they're black/white/Native American/Asian/etc...

Unwanted babies tend to grow up in unhealthy environments with little to no positive role models.

#183 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

Sheesh :sosp:

On the topic of the debated statement, regardless of whether you agree with it or not, the attempt to spin it to racism is silly. Whatever it is, it isn't racism.

On the topic of KT, the notion that he "holds a mirror" is just as ridiculous. About all that KT consistently does is try to portray people as racist when he starts losing an argument (which generally doesn't take long). He's gone so far as to lie about what people have said in order to portray them as racist. Bottom line: He doesn't have the intellectual capacity to hang in an argument strictly based on facts, so he tries to turn everything into a race war. That's hardly "a mirror". Frankly, it's worthless. There are way more intelligent black posters on here, and more than one has called him on his crap.

And on to the big dog...racism.

My perspective is that of someone who was raised by a racist father, and was so turned off by what I saw in him that it ensured I'd never be that way (that plus a mom who knew better). I've formed close friendships with loads of people from other races - black, hispanic, whatever - to a point that my dad would probably disown me if he were still alive.

Racism still exists, but nowhere near the level it once did. Thanks to heroes like Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Ernie Davis in the sports world and others in the political world, society has changed for the better. Such things as racism are now viewed negatively by an overwhelming majority of society. They are a stigma, and a mark of dishonor, as well they should be.

But that doesn't wipe the practitioners out. It might send them scurrying to the corner like cockroaches, but anyone who's ever tried to get rid of coackroaches knows it just ain't that easy.

the sad truth is that as long as you have people, you are always going to have racism, sexism, anti-semitism, religious bigotry and any number of other things. You're also going to have anger, jealousy, theft, rape, murder and every other kind of inhumanity. As long as people are people, you'll never erase those things. All you can do is A) take no part in them yourself and B) try to fight them whenever they crop up.

It might never end, but it can still be fought.

Outstanding post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.