• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mercer

mercer

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

Scott(brandon) long from louisville would be a great pick and hes already said he would like to come here. i went to high school with scott and aside from his injuries he would be a great pick for us late. He ran a 4.46, tied for first w/ 20 reps, highest vertical and best cone drill from the WRs at the combine. The only reason hes not known is b/c he didnt play much due to a knee and foot injury but hes a freak who can do it all. He did lead louisville in receiving yards his senior year and has a great character. I know scouts will have a eye on him now and he probably has the best character of any player in the draft. Whoever drafts Scott will be getting a great player.

Edited by mercer, 28 February 2010 - 06:49 PM.

#2 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,603 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

i seen him.he did pretty good, and i did not know he was from nc.nice size and appeared pretty fast might be a late steal.

#3 mercer

mercer

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

yea hes from southport,NC. i played little league football and baseball thru high school with him. Check out the workout numbers on him...hes the biggest sleeper in the draft i think. after his pro day i think hell get more attention though. Scott is faster than a 4.46 too. He can fly going downfeild with long strides and can catch really well.

#4 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,603 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

his unoffical time was like 4.6.how he do during the catching drills?

#5 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

I liked that kid from uconn, think his name was easley. He had dome pretty impressive numbers. Other than that i liked Roberts, price, and a few others. Should be interesting.

#6 Lonestar13

Lonestar13

Mike Hawk is Bigger

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

I like Blair White and Riley Cooper, for late WR picks

#7 mercer

mercer

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

i watched the video from the combine but it doesnt show when scott catches...just shows his deep route catch. His time from the workouts from the combine on nfl.com show his 40 at 4.46 and hes near the top if not the leader on the other workouts....i was surprised there was no talk of him after his combine

#8 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,822 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:44 PM

Marcus Easley of UConn. Man's a beast. I'm telling you, a late round steal.

#9 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

He was top 5 in every single drill except the 40 time, which he was top 10. He is a workout warrior for sure.. similar to Gary Barnidge last year, who also happens to be from Louisville. The knocks on Long are his lack of speed and inability to get in and out of cuts.. but it looks like he is perfectly capable of those things by the combine numbers.

His catching was one of his pluses. So if he can put it all together, he will be a very good WR at the next level.

#10 mercer

mercer

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

yea if you watch him run the 40 you can tell his speed is not a problem. He messed up the first time and had to do it over which im sure caused him to run a little slower. he has very long strides and great size. i believe hell do very well at the next level if he stays healthy...to me thats the only concern.

Edited by mercer, 01 March 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#11 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,188 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Was pat reading the Huddle..lol

Here’s a name to keep an eye on for both teams around that time: Louisville’s Scott Long. He went into the combine projected as a mid- or late-round pick. His performance in Indianapolis likely helped his stock and could push him into the second or third round

http://espn.go.com/b...r-panthers-bucs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com